Old saw mill part

SirArmstrongSirArmstrong Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
edited March 4, 2006 in Holy Macro
An old saw machinery part from Silverdale’s history in Washington. Obviously this is only a piece but I like the lines. The day was kind of grey so B&W turned out the best.

58318911-L.jpg
Steve

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."

Ansel Adams

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2006
    Very cool shot and B&w works fine here mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2006
    I Like This Shot x Image Edit
    An old saw machinery part from Silverdale’s history in Washington. Obviously this is only a piece but I like the lines. The day was kind of grey so B&W turned out the best.

I like this shot very much, but it looks a tad dull.......I hope you don't mind but I ran it through my photoediting program, multiplied the image and added CURVES.........CURVES can do wonders to Black & White shots, kinda gives them some punch.....

Skippy (Australia)

CogWeb.jpg
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • SirArmstrongSirArmstrong Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2006
    No problem Skippy! Thanks for adding a twist of creativity. clap.gifclap
    Steve

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."

Ansel Adams
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2006
    I like this shot, particularly in B & W. I agree with the above posting, but I would like it to fall somewhere in between your shot and his. Nice image and subject matter. thumb.gif