RAW in PS7

VikingViking Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
edited March 3, 2006 in Finishing School
At my "work" Im using PS7. I have a job to shoot some pics. I want ofcourse shot in RAW (NEF). But how do I get RAW files into Photoshop 7?

Its on a Windows machine.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited March 2, 2006
    Viking wrote:
    At my "work" Im using PS7. I have a job to shoot some pics. I want ofcourse shot in RAW (NEF). But how do I get RAW files into Photoshop 7?

Its on a Windows machine.
    Don't know whether there are any RAW converter plugins that work in PS7. You might want to try Raw Shooter Essentials, which is free, or Professional, which is not. It will produce JPG or TIFF (8 or 16 bit) files that PS7 can read. There are other programs out there as well, as I am sure others will point out.
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2006
    Go to Adobe dot com and look at their upgrades and raw plug ins....I think there were some for PS7..but do not remember......they are free to down load and have instructions on where to place them...just besure to get the ones for 7 and cs or cs2 as they are not backwards compatable.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2006
    Is Nikon's raw converter any good?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • FrostFrost Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited March 2, 2006
    RAW Photo Desk
    I use a RAW image converter and editor called RAW Photo Desk. You can find details about it at http://www.rawphotodesk.com/ I tried the download copy only 2 days and was so impressed I paid the 29.00 for the program.. I felt it was worth every penny and then some. Has a white balance tool in there for determining "white" "black" and "gray". Plus a lot of other features in there for file conversions, color editing, contrast/brightness etc and you can save the work in several different formats.:D
    Cheers!
    Vern

Nikon D80 w/ Tamron 28-200 XR lens & Nikon 55-200VR, 4X5 Graphic View II, others
    http://vernsdidj.com Didgeridoo site with links and pictures.

I started out in life with nothing, and I've managed to keep most of it.

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited March 3, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    Go to Adobe dot com and look at their upgrades and raw plug ins....I think there were some for PS7..but do not remember......they are free to down load and have instructions on where to place them...just besure to get the ones for 7 and cs or cs2 as they are not backwards compatable.....

If memory serves me, Adobe had a plug in for RAW converter for PS 7, but it was not free - I think it was about $100. But it is not supported or displayed on the Adobe site anymore. Better to spend the money to upgrade to PSCS2 if the poster owns a legal copy of PS7.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin