Aren't They Lovely!

gpgoldgpgold Registered Users Posts: 469 Major grins
edited March 7, 2006 in People
This was one of those moments. My good friends were renewing their vows after 25 years of marriage. The pro was getting their daughters in the mood for some photos. I just stood nearby and grabbed this shot. I printed it at 11X14 on my new Epson R1800. Got a nice mat and 16X20 frame. They all love it.

58361535-M.jpg

regards,

Gary

Comments

• HeldDownHeldDown Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2006
    Nice shot, but yikes -- don't let the pro see that!
    imageNATION
    SEEING THE WORLD IN A WHOLE NEW LIGHT...
    http://www.imag-e-nation.net
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2006
    Sweet smiles, it's all about grabbing the moment!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2006
    i wish they were both making eye contact with the camera, but nonetheless a good picture.
  • blaithin86blaithin86 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 4, 2006
    Now THAT's the kind of picture that makes me want to get out there and shoot. thumb.gif I love candid shots, shots that capture emotions on people's faces. Excellent job. :D
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2006
    Beautiful shot sweet picture and girls
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • gpgoldgpgold Registered Users Posts: 469 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    Beautiful shot sweet picture and girls

Thank you all for your encouraging comments. Much appreciated!

Regards,

Gary
  • kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    gpgold wrote:
    Thank you all for your encouraging comments. Much appreciated!

Regards,

Gary

I guess you didn't get beaten over the head with a camera for stealing the pro's pose? rolleyes1.gif I've heard people say (some) pros get VERY upset when people take photos of subjects that the pro got into a pose. Thinking he/she will lose money I guess.
  • gpgoldgpgold Registered Users Posts: 469 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    kygarden wrote:
    I guess you didn't get beaten over the head with a camera for stealing the pro's pose? rolleyes1.gif I've heard people say (some) pros get VERY upset when people take photos of subjects that the pro got into a pose. Thinking he/she will lose money I guess.

No beating occured. I did engage her in conversation about cameras etc. when I first saw her. I don't think I was a threat. She could feel differently if she saw my photo on my friend's wall. BTW - in any case, my friends said she didn't show them a shot like this one.

regards,

Gary
  • kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    gpgold wrote:
    BTW - in any case, my friends said she didn't show them a shot like this one.

regards,

Gary

Just goes to show that just about anyone can make a little money being a photographer. Meaning, some people think they are better than they really are...and there are people willing to pay anyone for photos as long as they seem like they know what they're doing. I make no claim that I am a pro and I think someone would be crazy to hire me...unless they just wanted to give me some practice. I might get some good shots...but I doubt I'd be consistent :cry My sister-in-law keeps telling me I should think about doing some of this on the side (child photos, pet photos and maybe weddings)...but I think she's crazy! Although, I do appreciate her confidence in me ;)