My new lens arrived: 18-200mm VR

macaddictmacaddict Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
edited March 3, 2006 in Cameras
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]After one month on backorder, my Nikkor 18 - 200 mm f/3.5-5.6G DX ED VR arrived yesterday. I created a gallery to post my first results. It's not magic, but I am getting some satisfying shots.

[/SIZE][/FONT]58423804-M.jpg

58442840-M.jpg

Comments

• MarkM6MarkM6 Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited March 3, 2006
    200mm!
    Is that North Korea that we are seeing with that reach?:D
  • Bob BellBob Bell Registered Users Posts: 598 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2006
    Looks like a pretty good lens expecially for an 11x. The details on the ducks are pretty good but the exposure is way hot. In case you want a bit of help, try ISO 400 and dial down -1 or -1 1/3 exp comp. The ISO should let you get your SS up around 1/1000 or so and let you stay around 5.6 or 8. With the comp you will get a lot more detail and less motion.
    Bob
    Phoenix, AZ
    Canon Bodies
    Canon and Zeiss Lenses
  • macaddictmacaddict Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited March 3, 2006
    Bob Bell wrote:
    Looks like a pretty good lens expecially for an 11x. The details on the ducks are pretty good but the exposure is way hot. In case you want a bit of help, try ISO 400 and dial down -1 or -1 1/3 exp comp. The ISO should let you get your SS up around 1/1000 or so and let you stay around 5.6 or 8. With the comp you will get a lot more detail and less motion.
    Thanks Bob Bell for the pointers - I appreciate the help! I learn something new everyday! I will try that technique this afternoon.

@Mark - Nah! The DMZ is about a 2-hour drive north. I have been there many times!