Slideshow Help?

EcoJamEcoJam Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited March 8, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I love the full screen slideshow playback -- but it seems to hang on playback if there are any video clips.

Is there a way to ignore video for slideshows, or at least select a sub-group for inclusion in the slideshow?

Thanks

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2006
    EcoJam wrote:
    I love the full screen slideshow playback -- but it seems to hang on playback if there are any video clips.

Is there a way to ignore video for slideshows, or at least select a sub-group for inclusion in the slideshow?

Thanks

Hi Eco,

Could we have a specific link to a gallery where you are experiencing this? Thanks.
  • EcoJamEcoJam Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    P email
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Eco,

Could we have a specific link to a gallery where you are experiencing this? Thanks.

Hi Andy,

I just sent you an email with some ideas & link -- thanks for the help. I guess the key question is what the slideshow function is design to do with video clips (ignore, play, ?)

thks
    edited March 6, 2006
    Thanks. We've think we've got a fix for this and we hope to have it out really soon. Thanks for your patience.
    edited March 6, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Thanks. We've think we've got a fix for this and we hope to have it out really soon. Thanks for your patience.

This release just went out, and the movies b0rking full-screen slide show was fixed. Check it out.
    edited March 7, 2006
    works better
    Andy wrote:
    This release just went out, and the movies b0rking full-screen slide show was fixed. Check it out.

nice, tested it out and it does not get stuck on video.

since the video thumbnails images are necessarily very low res -- does it make sense to have the slideshow function just skip them altogether (i.e. just go directly from pic to pic even if clips are inbetween)?

just a thought -- thanks for the help Andy!
    edited March 7, 2006
    EcoJam wrote:
    nice, tested it out and it does not get stuck on video.

since the video thumbnails images are necessarily very low res -- does it make sense to have the slideshow function just skip them altogether (i.e. just go directly from pic to pic even if clips are inbetween)?

just a thought -- thanks for the help Andy!

YW! What I do, is put my videos in a separate gallery...
    edited March 8, 2006
    separate galleries
    Andy wrote:
    YW! What I do, is put my videos in a separate gallery...

Yeh, I did think of that -- makes sense.

For me, minimizing the number of galleries and the number of places people need to go is important - either way, I still like the full screen slideshow feature.