Did you ever see fresh licorice? R1 pictures

Adrian van AmmersAdrian van Ammers Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
edited March 7, 2006 in Holy Macro
As you may know I'm running a little candy factory. Yesterday with did a test for a new setup for our organic licorice production.
This is how fresh cooked licorice looks like.
58513962-L.jpg

Yes, I know it looks pretty much like sh$t :)
58513958-L.jpg

This is how it looks like once extruded
58513961-L.jpg

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2006
    thumb.gif Adrian Van Ammers, Official Candy of the 2006 Dgrin Shootout :uhoh
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    thumb.gif Adrain Van Ammers, Official Candy of the 2006 Dgrin Shootout :uhoh
    good luck w/ thatlol3.gif don't think licorice and hiking in Hot weather really go together, especially after you've eaten it....:uhoh
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2006
    15524779-Ti.gif with Daniel. Do you know that licorice is good for? ...well, just look at photo #2 and I think you'll know what I'm getting at. One of the nuns in the St. Joseph's Hospital brought me a bag of licorice when I was a guest many years ago! :D
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2006
    Woow DanielB, Saurora eek7.gif what's this? Licorice not popular at dgrin? headscratch.gif I could live on licorice! It's awesome.

Adrian, cool pictures, I had never seen licorice this fresh before. Did you make a new setup? or is it a new kind of licorice you are making? If you ever need a designated licorice taster, let me know :D
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2006
    thumb.gif nice documantry :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    Woow DanielB, Saurora eek7.gif what's this? Licorice not popular at dgrin? headscratch.gif I could live on licorice! It's awesome.

Adrian, cool pictures, I had never seen licorice this fresh before. Did you make a new setup? or is it a new kind of licorice you are making? If you ever need a designated licorice taster, let me know :D

Ivar, I love licorice! But there's a time and a place for it!!!!

binge.gif= :wow = :flush
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    Ivan, I love licorice! But there's a time and a place for it!!!!

binge.gif= :wow = :flush
    Hehehe, fair enough. In my case it's anytime, anyplace :D But i must say that most americans i met when i lived there weren't very fond of licorice... I met a few who didn't even know what it was headscratch.gif
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2006
    That was interesting...
    In my youth I always thought it would be great to "go underground" and find out how things come into existence. I never tried to do anything with it, but along came the books like "how things work" to explain it all anyway.

For example, what's under the manhole covers, how to change a traffic light bulb, etc.

So when I say your series of photos, I was particularly fascinated. Can you do one on your lollipops too?

Dee
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2006
    Wow
    As you may know I'm running a little candy factory. Yesterday with did a test for a new setup for our organic licorice production.
    This is how fresh cooked licorice looks like.
    Yes, I know it looks pretty much like sh$t :)
    This is how it looks like once extruded

Your not wrong Adrian it looks like liquid crapola for sure rolleyes1.gif
    nothing beats the taste of fresh licorice.....well except chocolate rolleyes1.gif
    Looks great.......and looks fun too. Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    Adrian, am I safe in saying this thread hasn't gone in the direction you expected? lol3.gif

I like the tension of the lines cutting diagonally in your last shot.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited March 5, 2006
    Can't wait to taste this! Thanks for the preview.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Adrian van AmmersAdrian van Ammers Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    Andy, about the Shootout...
    Andy wrote:
    thumb.gif Adrian Van Ammers, Official Candy of the 2006 Dgrin Shootout :uhoh

rolleyes1.gif Sure! I did not forget. Where to send the candy? How many people involved?
    edited March 5, 2006
    Don't worry
    DanielB wrote:
    good luck w/ thatlol3.gif don't think licorice and hiking in Hot weather really go together, especially after you've eaten it....:uhoh

We will supply lollipops and fruit licorice too for those who don't like the black licorice. :D
    edited March 5, 2006
    Ivar,
    ivar wrote:

Yes, we decided to buy another pump and apply some cooling before we extrude. Yes, we always are looking for tasters. Drop me an email mwink.gif
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    Yes, we decided to buy another pump and apply some cooling before we extrude. Yes, we always are looking for tasters. Drop me an email mwink.gif

Mmmm... looks tasty. Be careful making offers like that - you may have more tasters than you can handle (me included iloveyou.gif ).

As for the photography - the last one of it all laid out looks pretty cool. Nice lines with just a bit of curve.
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    We will supply lollipops and fruit licorice too for those who don't like the black licorice. :D

i wish i was going...:cry
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

edited March 6, 2006
    Awais
    thumb.gif nice documantry :D

Thank you! Any Licorice in your country?
    edited March 6, 2006
    Dee, I'm like you
    Dee wrote:
    In my youth I always thought it would be great to "go underground" and find out how things come into existence. I never tried to do anything with it, but along came the books like "how things work" to explain it all anyway.

For example, what's under the manhole covers, how to change a traffic light bulb, etc.

So when I say your series of photos, I was particularly fascinated. Can you do one on your lollipops too?

Dee
    I always wanna exactly how things work. So many times I ask people at work to explain what and how they do things.
    Sure I can do one on the lollipops and the toffee making too. Soon available!
    edited March 6, 2006
    Another taster, huh?
    Phil U. wrote:
    Mmmm... looks tasty. Be careful making offers like that - you may have more tasters than you can handle (me included iloveyou.gif ).

As for the photography - the last one of it all laid out looks pretty cool. Nice lines with just a bit of curve.
    I'm always curious what people think of our products ne_nau.gif Will you attend at the shootout?
    edited March 6, 2006
    Hi there Skippy
    Skippy wrote:
    Your not wrong Adrian it looks like liquid crapola for sure rolleyes1.gif
    nothing beats the taste of fresh licorice.....well except chocolate rolleyes1.gif
    Looks great.......and looks fun too. Skippy (Australia)
    Good to meet you here again. You won't get it that fresh at the shootout, but fresh enough to eat as much as you like. rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    edited March 6, 2006
    you can say so, hehe, a bit surprised I am
    wxwax wrote:
    Adrian, am I safe in saying this thread hasn't gone in the direction you expected? lol3.gif

I like the tension of the lines cutting diagonally in your last shot.
    For me this is daily routine. It's nice to see people like this little tour. Thanks for stopping by! :D I guess you will attend? Happy eating and happy shooting!
    edited March 6, 2006
    Can't wait ...
    David_S85 wrote:
    Can't wait to taste this! Thanks for the preview.

to see your reactions. I'm always curious about people's opinions concerning our products. clap.gif
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    I want a shootout near me!
    I'm jealous and envious! Not only is there great scenery and great shooters, now great candy too! Comeon - let's have one out my neck of the woods!

Tessa
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
    edited March 6, 2006
    Hi Tessa, you know ...
    Tessa HD wrote:
    I'm jealous and envious! Not only is there great scenery and great shooters, now great candy too! Comeon - let's have one out my neck of the woods!

Tessa

some people have it all. People with names like Andy and so on rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif He really pulled me in to be the Official Candy Sponsor clap.gif And I won't even attend myself. :D
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    that's it, I'm changin my name to Andy!
    Cheers,
    Andy
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    I'm always curious what people think of our products ne_nau.gif Will you attend at the shootout?

No, I'm not going to make the shootout :cry I'm hopefully going to have another back surgery here soon so I'll be down and out for quite a while after that.

So now I'll not only miss the shootout but also the candy blowout. Oh well, hopefully next year.
  • portellimageryportellimagery Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    How about the offical candy of dgrin, since not every one is going on the shootout?
    Portell Imagery - Photography by Micheal Portell
    www.portellimagery.com
    Portell Imagery - The Blog blog.portellimagery.com
    Speak Up Designs www.speakupdesigns.com
    Get your Portell Imagery 2006 Photography Calendar here
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited March 6, 2006
    How about the offical candy of dgrin, since not every one is going on the shootout?

Great suggestion, but I think that might empty his entire inventory. lol3.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
    edited March 7, 2006
    Phil..
    Phil U. wrote:
    No, I'm not going to make the shootout :cry I'm hopefully going to have another back surgery here soon so I'll be down and out for quite a while after that.

So now I'll not only miss the shootout but also the candy blowout. Oh well, hopefully next year.
    I won't make it either. Too busy making candies rolleyes1.gif
    edited March 7, 2006
    Well we can always swop...

Any offers? :D Or dgrin challenge winners get rewarded with some nice candies clap.gif