Eleonor (posing in a stairwell)

elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
edited March 8, 2006 in People
Hello friends!
Had a shooting with Eleonor last thursday night. It was just a spontanious whim. You know, I was bored, my kids were sleeping, my camera was sobbing in it's bag. Suddenly, Eleonor showed up on MSN and said something like "How about some shooting some day?" So, I asked her "Why not tonight?" and she said "Sure, cool!" So, what to do? Whaaat to do? We couldn't be out, 'cause it was very cold and snowing. So, I came up with this idea to drive to Östermalm (the inner city part of Stockolm, you know, where the affluent and sophisticated people lives). The architecture is very nice and the stairwells (is that what they are called?) are very stylish and fancy. So that is what we did! No offence, rich people, but GEEE how suspicious, disagreeable, patronizing etc. they are! (Ok, I know! You can't generalize like that, sorry, but that's what it felt like right there and then!) You know, to get in, I had to call on the house entry phone, (picking someone at random) and explain who I am, what I want and why. I even offered to show them my driving lincens to identify myself - but still, I was answered with disdain and supspicioun (for WHAT?). Like the sixth dude I called came down, opened the door and listned. He let us in, but he just stod there with his arms crossed and STARED at us. His wife even came down and said to him, without even giving us a glance "Darling! You can't leave them alone, you understand that, huh?" So, quite soon we had it and moved on to another house. Finaly, we met a very nice and agreeable women who let us in, and she even gave us the code, if we'd like to come back sometime! :thumb Fine woman! So, finaly we got to do some photography! *Haha* Here is a few samples. I have done all post processing on my new laptop (am at work, tuff work huh?) and I feel a bit unsure about how they actually look. First time! Comments and critics are most welcome.
I'm quite happy with a few of them, but when asking my spouse she said "Oh well, I dunno... I think she look slutty!" So typical her! :O\ Haha!

Regards / Matty

OH NO NO NO! When reviewing my own post, I detected a blunder! Stu-hu-hu-pid me! I've done the classic "Adobe RGB"-misstake! (From RAW as Adobe RGB instead of sRGB. I guess Adobe RGB is standard when Photoshop is installed) The colors are wrong, and they are all to bright!

58517294-O.jpg

58517295-O.jpg

58517310-O.jpg

58517296-O.jpg

58517300-O.jpg

58521111-O.jpg

58546523-O.jpg

58517319-O.jpg

58517543-O.jpg

58517307-O.jpg

Comments

• GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2006
    Wowzers!!!!
    Super pics......I see what ya mean a few are a tad bright and color is slightly hue'd. Easy fix tho!

Holy cow man!!!
    If my wife knew I was taking picks of a hottie like that I'd be sleeping in the car with my camera! rolleyes1.gif
    For a LONG time....ok FOREVER!!

Great shoot......and the model isn't bad either! :wow
    Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
    Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2006
    Thanx! Hehe! Soo.... If she "knew you were taking picks of a hottie like that..."? Are you doin' secretly? Now, that is dangerous stuff, man! Haha! :nono :beatwax :banned
    Naa.. I know what you mean! But thinking of it.... sleeping in the car with the camera, doesn't sound all that bad, now does it? :Dmwink.gif "Just me and my camera!"

Matty
    Super pics......I see what ya mean a few are a tad bright and color is slightly hue'd. Easy fix tho!

Holy cow man!!!
    If my wife knew I was taking picks of a hottie like that I'd be sleeping in the car with my camera! rolleyes1.gif
    For a LONG time....ok FOREVER!!

Great shoot......and the model isn't bad either! :wow
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2006
    Beautiful location, gorgeous model... wow.

My favorites are:
    58517319-S.jpg and 58517307-S.jpg

Similar, I guess... The "look" and her eyes really pop in the first one. I'd almost prefer slightly less overly distracing cleavage, but it's definitely nice as-is.mwink.gif I like the B&W conversion on the second. It de-emphasizes some of the distractions around (the railing and the red stairs).

#1 and #5 (I think) seem a bit OOF on the model. Just me? Might want to put some numbers on them so they're easier to reference.
    Chris
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 4, 2006
    what comes to mind is chutzpah- and kahunas-

you got 'em, baby-

oh, and by the way, great photos!

and love the bw's-

george
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    im sorry, but if you have a hottie in all your shots, all your shots will be hot. its just that simple. lol What kind of camera/flash set up were you using?
  • illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    Awesome photos, some of them are just a tid bit bright, but the angles are wonderful and the model did a great job. Only question....... is she single ????? mwink.gif
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
    edited March 5, 2006
    Awesome photos, some of them are just a tid bit bright, but the angles are wonderful and the model did a great job. Only question....... is she single ????? mwink.gif

You know what thats a good question. I retract my previous ones. All I need is that and ask her if she has a MySpace account. rolleyes1.gif
    edited March 5, 2006
    Thanx Jim!
    Well, I didn't have any influence on her choice of dressup. Of course, by shooting in different angles we could have diminshed the exposure of her cheast area. But to me it's not distracting, I think her eyes are more captivating. :): But I see what you mean. Perhaps that's the general opinion?
    Yes, some of the pics didn't come out pin sharp. Í guess I'm rather novice when it comes to shoot in enviroments like this. The light was rather dim, so I used my speedlite and a tripod. Yet, I got a few oof and a few with motionblúr. I'll work on it! :):

Regards / Matty
    ChrisJ wrote:
    Beautiful location, gorgeous model... wow.

My favorites are:
    58517319-S.jpg and 58517307-S.jpg

Similar, I guess... The "look" and her eyes really pop in the first one. I'd almost prefer slightly less overly distracing cleavage, but it's definitely nice as-is.mwink.gif I like the B&W conversion on the second. It de-emphasizes some of the distractions around (the railing and the red stairs).

#1 and #5 (I think) seem a bit OOF on the model. Just me? Might want to put some numbers on them so they're easier to reference.
    edited March 5, 2006
    Thank George! Not that I know exactly what chutzpah and kahunas means but I assume it's something possitive. mwink.gif I'll check it up, after all, we have Internet! thumb.gif

Matty
    gefillmore wrote:
    what comes to mind is chutzpah- and kahunas-

you got 'em, baby-

oh, and by the way, great photos!

and love the bw's-

george
    edited March 5, 2006
    Haha! Yes, bummer, I guess you're right! Dang! Why do I always mess up? *Giggle*
    I used my 10D, Sigma 18-125 mm f3.5-f5.6, speedlite 580EX and a little white umbrella that I held in the other hand to bounce the flash. Rather experimetive, that's part of what I like with photography. The pics came out far better that way, compare to bouncing the flash on the walls/ceiling. :):

Matty
    mr peas wrote:
    im sorry, but if you have a hottie in all your shots, all your shots will be hot. its just that simple. lol What kind of camera/flash set up were you using?
    edited March 5, 2006
    Haha! To tell ya the truth, I dunno! But I assume that sweet girls like that, in a way, never are single. Haha! I'll ask her next time I meet her. I'll tell her hi from you! mwink.gif
    edited March 5, 2006
    rolleyes1.gif:Dmwink.gif
    mr peas wrote:
    You know what thats a good question. I retract my previous ones. All I need is that and ask her if she has a MySpace account. rolleyes1.gif
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    Matty,
    Nice shots, nice model, nice post-processing, nice location finding work..clap.gif

Now to the very mellow, totally friendly and purely constructive critiquemwink.gif

I, for one, do not have any problem with any amount of cleavage, Michiel de Brieder (or anybody else who knows me personally) would testify for me. :): However, I do have a problem with her hands being much closer to the camera on some shots and becoming *giant* hands. She's a young beautiful girl, she can't have hands that looks larger than her head..ne_nau.gif I think next time you need to adjust her pose/position to avoid any of her limbs being much closer to the camera than the rest of her body, especially than the head. I understand you've have been using rather short focal distance due to the extremely tight confinements of a staircase... Well, the more attention shall be put to this aspect, IMHO..

I may be mistaken, but it seems to me that her eyes could use a tad less sharpening. It's purely judgement call, but that's what caught my attention.rolleyes1.gif

Apart from that - let me congratulate you once again on a nice series and a great model. I wish I had somebody like her to pop up on my IM from time to time :):

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited March 5, 2006
    http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/9938/new/new3.html

Two Stupid Things I Saw Yesterday
    Guy comes into the liquor store I manage (stop me if you've heard this one!) and wants a pint o' booze. He dumps a bunch of quarters of the counter. "My wife didn't do the laundry, so I've got all these quarters." he explains. "She said I didn't have enough kahunas to buy a pint with only quarters! I said, Yeah, I got plenty of kahunas right here!" He notices me laughing. "I do have enough kahunas, right? Waitaminnit--what are 'kahunas'?" "Cohones," I say, "Balls." "Balls?!" he exclaims. "I thought kahunas meant quarters!!"
    Springtime in New England: Ice Storm. My condo is at the top of a sharp hill. When it's iced up, the only way your car will get up it is to drop gears and floor it. Try taking it nice and slow and you'll spin wheels at the half-way point. Last night around midnight wheels were spinning so severely I heard them with headphones on. I pull up the window shade to watch, as I find it weirdly funny to watch these futile displays. This big ol' car spins forwards a little, then slides back, spins forward a little, repeat as necessary. Suddenly, every door but the driver's pops open, and 3 alterna-dudes stick a leg out of the car and begin flailing one foot at the ground like Fred Flintstone, as if that would help get the 2-ton car up the hill. The backmost dude is glancing all around, with an obvious look of "Hope nobody's watching me make an ass of myself." And I watched.
    Maybe you had to be there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chutzpah

Chutzpah is the quality of audacity, for good or for bad. The word derives from Yiddish khutspe used by Jewish people originally from Eastern Europe. This, in turn, derived from Hebrew חוצפה ("khutz-pah"), universal to Jews throughout history, and by now the word and idea have taken on wider usage, having been spread through film, literature and television.
    Though originally referring to a negative quality, the word chutzpah has developed some interesting positive connotations in English usage, which remaining still harshly negative when used by English-speaking Jews. In Hebrew chutzpah is used indignantly, to describe someone who has outstepped the boundaries of accepted polite behaviour for selfish reasons, while in English chutzpah can be spoken in admiration of non-conformist but gutsy audacity. Leo Rosten in The Joys of Yiddish defines chutzpah as "gall, brazen nerve, effrontery, incredible 'guts', presumption plus arrogance such as no other word and no other language can do justice to."
    One humorous example of chutzpah is often given as follows: "A boy is on trial for murdering his parents, and he begs of the judge leniency because he is an orphan."
  • MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    Great shots Matty! I love number six for the beautiful lighting and the way the adjacent wall goes from sharp by her hands to unsharp behind them. Cleavage doesn't distract me (I'm the, ehm, OTHER type of guy) but the bra popping out kind of does. If it's supposed to catch attention, well then it's alright. Numbers 1,6,8 have great posing by the model, the others are a little try-hard for me. You know, stomach in - chest out skin-mag kind of pose. Don't get me wrong, those are great too but the suggestiveness sort of narrows their use.

Great work Matty.
    edited March 5, 2006
    ne_nau.gif ooookayy. eek7.gif
    gefillmore wrote:
    http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/9938/new/new3.html

Two Stupid Things I Saw Yesterday
    Guy comes into the liquor store I manage (stop me if you've heard this one!) and wants a pint o' booze. He dumps a bunch of quarters of the counter. "My wife didn't do the laundry, so I've got all these quarters." he explains. "She said I didn't have enough kahunas to buy a pint with only quarters! I said, Yeah, I got plenty of kahunas right here!" He notices me laughing. "I do have enough kahunas, right? Waitaminnit--what are 'kahunas'?" "Cohones," I say, "Balls." "Balls?!" he exclaims. "I thought kahunas meant quarters!!"
    Springtime in New England: Ice Storm. My condo is at the top of a sharp hill. When it's iced up, the only way your car will get up it is to drop gears and floor it. Try taking it nice and slow and you'll spin wheels at the half-way point. Last night around midnight wheels were spinning so severely I heard them with headphones on. I pull up the window shade to watch, as I find it weirdly funny to watch these futile displays. This big ol' car spins forwards a little, then slides back, spins forward a little, repeat as necessary. Suddenly, every door but the driver's pops open, and 3 alterna-dudes stick a leg out of the car and begin flailing one foot at the ground like Fred Flintstone, as if that would help get the 2-ton car up the hill. The backmost dude is glancing all around, with an obvious look of "Hope nobody's watching me make an ass of myself." And I watched.
    Maybe you had to be there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chutzpah

Chutzpah is the quality of audacity, for good or for bad. The word derives from Yiddish khutspe used by Jewish people originally from Eastern Europe. This, in turn, derived from Hebrew חוצפה ("khutz-pah"), universal to Jews throughout history, and by now the word and idea have taken on wider usage, having been spread through film, literature and television.
    Though originally referring to a negative quality, the word chutzpah has developed some interesting positive connotations in English usage, which remaining still harshly negative when used by English-speaking Jews. In Hebrew chutzpah is used indignantly, to describe someone who has outstepped the boundaries of accepted polite behaviour for selfish reasons, while in English chutzpah can be spoken in admiration of non-conformist but gutsy audacity. Leo Rosten in The Joys of Yiddish defines chutzpah as "gall, brazen nerve, effrontery, incredible 'guts', presumption plus arrogance such as no other word and no other language can do justice to."
    One humorous example of chutzpah is often given as follows: "A boy is on trial for murdering his parents, and he begs of the judge leniency because he is an orphan."
    edited March 5, 2006
    gee, mr peas-

and I thought I had a long post-

george
    edited March 7, 2006
    Thanx for you input, Nikolai!
    I guess I have to admit that you're right on every point, the hands are to big and some of them could need a little less sharpening. Personally, big hands doesn't bothre me toooo much, it's more like "that hand is closer to me than her head, so automatically, it should look bigger than it is. :): Not very flattering, a guess.... I'll work on that! :):

Matty
    edited March 7, 2006
    Haha! Wow, now that's a ANSWER allright! :D So... are we talking a "English chutzpah" then?

Hehe! Great stories! *Giggle-Giggle*:D :D:D

Matty
    edited March 7, 2006
    English?

yes-

one would hope not to the point of being that type of orphan, though-

george
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    Hi, elfving73
    Wow, Great Photos!thumb.gif
    I love the staircase & Eleonor was dressed to kill.
    Does Eleonor do photo shoots with other photographers?
    Keep up the good work! I was disctracted with the hands
    in the photos where they was closer to you.

Take Care,
    Chuck,
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/northcarolinamodels
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    Malte wrote:
    Cleavage doesn't distract me (I'm the, ehm, OTHER type of guy) but the bra popping out kind of does.
    Ah, I think you nailed it... It's not the cleavage itself, just the white part on the bra. And again, I really do *like* the cleavage... it was just pulling my gaze (dare I say, prematurely rolleyes1.gif) off of her eyes, which are beautifully in focus in the shot.
    Chris
  • zigzagzigzag Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2006
    Everyone is mentioning the distracting cleavage. What I find distracting?

Her eyes.

Yes, I know that's supposed to be the focal point. But it really appears that they have been enhanced - to my tastes too much - and I find it distracting. Picture 8 is the worst for this - it really looks like you masked the eyes, blurred the rest, then sharpened the eyes. I see similar effects in other pics as well, though not so obvious. It looks artificial to me. I think it is somewhat compounded by the way her mascara is done.

Personal preference maybe, but I find it a distraction in an otherwise very pretty set of pictures.

Z
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2006
    Nice shots, but your skin tones are all over the place, many are way too magenta. You're dealing with mixed light in a lot of these shots, so it's tough, but her skin must be believable, and right now it isn't.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited March 8, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    Nice shots, but your skin tones are all over the place, many are way too magenta. You're dealing with mixed light in a lot of these shots, so it's tough, but her skin must be believable, and right now it isn't.

I do believe you're right, David-

I sure wasn't checking out the skin tones the first time 'round-

george