edited March 5, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Let's see if I even post this correctly! :huh

Thoughts on the photo?

Comments

• BassAnglerBassAngler Registered Users Posts: 104 Big grins
    edited March 4, 2006
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    It seems like you did alright posting it because I can see them! rolleyes1.gif

The not so vidid colors matches the 'rusty' feel of the photograph. However, I think this is one of those shots that may look better in b/w. Try it and see how it looks.

Is that a Jeep btw?
  • queequegqueequeg Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    BassAngler wrote:
    Let's see if I even post this correctly! eek7.gif

Thoughts on the photo?

Ooh, I agree on the b&w! Let's see how that looks.

And I like the first one best. Seems to have more... personality and flair? Maybe it's the headlights.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    Double yes...try the black and white! And I definitely like the first one best. That truck is almost (D)grinnin' at you!!!
  • StefStef Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    mr peas wrote:
    It seems like you did alright posting it because I can see them! rolleyes1.gif

The not so vidid colors matches the 'rusty' feel of the photograph. However, I think this is one of those shots that may look better in b/w. Try it and see how it looks.

Is that a Jeep btw?

That would be the "original" jeep. It's a Willys.
    edited March 5, 2006
    I will definatelt try it in b&w again and post it. I tried and thought you need to see the "rough" color and rust in color for it to make an impact.

Anyway, stand-by for B&W.
  • wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    I like color of #1 best. Here's a silly suggestion. That vertical weed on the left distracts me a little. Maybe a ever-so-slight crop??

Cool shot of a cool old jeep!
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

edited March 5, 2006
    I like color of #1 best. Here's a silly suggestion. That vertical weed on the left distracts me a little. Maybe a ever-so-slight crop??

Cool shot of a cool old jeep!

I thought of "cropping" the weed out when I shot it however, I feel it more closely represents the "rough" as the Jeep as been "growing" in the weeds for many many years! ne_nau.gif
    edited March 5, 2006
  • juliejulesjuliejules Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    I actually like the color ones better. The B&W loses some of the roughness of the 2 conflicting paint colors. There's a way to do B&W conversion that could bring out each of the colors differently, if you were committed to B&W. Here's the link to the tutorial.

Great shots by the way. I really like the first one.
    --juliejules
    http://www.juliejules.com
    Canon 70D, Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS, Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L, Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM, Canon Ext 1.4x II, SpeedLite 430EX
  • wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    juliejules wrote:
    I actually like the color ones better. The B&W loses some of the roughness of the 2 conflicting paint colors. There's a way to do B&W conversion that could bring out each of the colors differently, if you were committed to B&W. Here's the link to the tutorial.

58642657-S.jpg

Kind of like this as an example.
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    yeah you can get away with color accenting it, turning the photo into b/w and then leaving some of the color behind while leaving the rest b/w. im sure the faw jules listed above will have the information how to do it. but if you still cant find it, i can give you a quick walkthrough. its not too hard. but im still into the b/w look and feel to it. leaving some color for the conflicting colors would be a really good idea though.
    edited March 5, 2006
    yeah you can get away with color accenting it, turning the photo into b/w and then leaving some of the color behind while leaving the rest b/w. im sure the faw jules listed above will have the information how to do it. but if you still cant find it, i can give you a quick walkthrough. its not too hard. but im still into the b/w look and feel to it. leaving some color for the conflicting colors would be a really good idea though.

...and this???