Yet another 5D question

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited March 4, 2006 in Cameras
I am getting to the point where I am seriously considering buying the 5D.

I have heard rumors that Canon may offer a 5D rebate in the very near future. (No! I have no confirmation or ability to verify) I just want to be ready to pull the trigger.

Can you see a substantial difference between a 20 D photo, and a 5D photo printed at say 7X10, or 8X12 size, or does the increased resolution only manifest visually at the larger print sizes?

Also, any comments on the full frame "issues"? (soft edges, vingetting)

One last question, what was the biggest surpise you found woring with the full frame virsus one with a crop factor?

Thanks for any input you have.

Sam

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2006
    The price at bhphoto right now, Sam, is $2895 - can't imagine it going much lower. That's $400 less than Day1 pricing.

Yeah, you can see a difference in the printed photos. Big difference - anything with lots of detail. Trust me.

You'll need to adjust to larger file sizes and the chance of vignetting - that's really no big deal, vigging's been around even in the film days. Today, we have anti-vignette sliders in ACR, when it manifests you can easily correct. It's fairly rare though, at least for me. The FF challenges nearly all glass - and so, the better glass is called for.

HTH,