Rough Climb...

queequegqueequeg Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
edited March 7, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
... to heaven?

58256009-L-1.jpg

St. Patrick's (I think -- we passed so many churches in ten minute time span and they all got jumbled in my head) in NYC, Ash Wednesday. To quote a line from a show I'm doing, "I feel like we died and went to heaven... only we had to climb up."

Conversely, I also have -- Roughin' It (Ruffin'?). Taken the next day (Thurs the 2nd) at the beginning of a snowstorm. At what point do you give up trying to give your dog a nice day at the beach?

58302390-L-1.jpg

I feel like I'd like this one a lot better if Charlie's face was a little more visible.

I'm so indecisive about these challenges. I can never choose just one photo and then wind up not entering any. Any opinions on this one? :dunno

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    This is a delimma........both really great shots. I love architecture and your idea about a "tough climb to heaven" is great and the angle of the shot sure bolsters that idea. But, wow, snow on the beach. I have dogs to walk twice a day, and sometimes grumble about a little rain. Can't imagine how cold this day must have seemed on the ocean's edge. Even though the snow is in the dog's face, it just adds to how miserable the conditions were. He looks like a dalmation in reverse coloring! I think I vote for number 2 because of it's originality photographically, whereas in comparison, number 1 is strong because of the title. (Does this make any sense????) thumb.gif
  • queequegqueequeg Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    This is a delimma........both really great shots. I love architecture and your idea about a "tough climb to heaven" is great and the angle of the shot sure bolsters that idea. But, wow, snow on the beach. I have dogs to walk twice a day, and sometimes grumble about a little rain. Can't imagine how cold this day must have seemed on the ocean's edge. Even though the snow is in the dog's face, it just adds to how miserable the conditions were. He looks like a dalmation in reverse coloring! I think I vote for number 2 because of it's originality photographically, whereas in comparison, number 1 is strong because of the title. (Does this make any sense????) thumb.gif

Yes, it makes sense. Thank you very much.

The snow wasn't so much cold as it was annoying -- I hadn't buttoned up my jacket properly and snow kept falling down my shirt.

I suppose you don't get much snow on the beach out in Orange (or Cali in general). My roommate's from up San Jose way and when she came out here for our first spring break, she couldn't believe there was actually snow on the beach. It was funny to watch her try to make a snowman on the beach (too much sand!).
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    queequeg wrote:
    Yes, it makes sense. Thank you very much.

The snow wasn't so much cold as it was annoying -- I hadn't buttoned up my jacket properly and snow kept falling down my shirt.

I suppose you don't get much snow on the beach out in Orange (or Cali in general). My roommate's from up San Jose way and when she came out here for our first spring break, she couldn't believe there was actually snow on the beach. It was funny to watch her try to make a snowman on the beach (too much sand!).

I'm glad you posted the snow scene.... I like this shot the more I look at it. Reminds me of those photos that people forward forever and ever in an e-mail.....the kind of photo you want to share with everyone!!! Good luck in the Challenge!:D
  • queequegqueequeg Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    Thanks! You, too!