silhouettes.

DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
edited March 5, 2006 in People
well me and a couple buds were out hanging around today and i decided to bring my camera along, this was taken in the sewer behind his house because i thought the silhouettes would look cool, i just now realized that Soren *on the left*, his elbow follows the break in the tubing...weird.:scratch

58602227-L.jpg
critique for next time?:dunno

daniel
Daniel Bauer
smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    B&W....

58604165-L.jpg
    Daniel Bauer

• Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    I really like that photo. I'm digging the B&W.thumb.gif
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited March 5, 2006
    Silhouettes are cool.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    I like this in color. Cool shot.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    Daniel,
    I like the color one more. It provides enough "black" on the pipe and the people, while still giving some pleasing blurred color on the background.

However, while technically very nice, this pictures lacks the idea, IMHO. It does not "touch". There is no mistery. The people are doing nothing, or even worse, are in some awkward "posing" positions, apparently with the only reason for their picture to be taken in such a peculiar way. Nothing happens...ne_nau.gif

HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    Nikolai wrote:
    I like the color one more. It provides enough "black" on the pipe and the people, while still giving some pleasing blurred color on the background.

However, while technically very nice, this pictures lacks the idea, IMHO. It does not "touch". There is no mistery. The people are doing nothing, or even worse, are in some awkward "posing" positions, apparently with the only reason for their picture to be taken in such a peculiar way. Nothing happens...ne_nau.gif

HTH

To me I like the picture and it does touch. It takes me back when I was a teenager and we would go rummaging around where we really shouldn't, and where in (adult) hindsight we could have really gotten hurt, killed, drowned, etc all the good stuff.

Thanks Daniel for the trip down memory lane.

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 5, 2006
    daniel-

I like it-

with my preference for bw, the bw one-

thanks for sharing-

george
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    thanks all for the nice comments.

Nikolai wrote:

HTH
    i had some other shots with different poses.... but they came out bad because i forgot it was on MF... but they appeared sharp on my LCD...rolleyes1.gif like i said, i can always go back and re-shoot.
    Daniel Bauer