New Scanner, Old Photos

JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
edited March 7, 2006 in People
I purchased my first scanner, an Epson 4180, and dug out a box of old photos and negatives to test out. I hadn't looked at these in years! We had a flood, so the quality of lots of the prints are not great. These are some of the recoverables.

Grad School Roomate
57824981-M.jpg

My Better Half
57824973-M.jpg

My Better Half in Black and White
58404421-M.jpg

In the days before I discovered what "flash synch" was
57824990-M.jpg
Cave ab homine unius libri

Comments

• spiderspider Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    Justiceiro wrote:
    I purchased my first scanner, an Epson 4180, and dug out a box of old photos and negatives to test out. I hadn't looked at these in years! We had a flood, so the quality of lots of the prints are not great. These are some of the recoverables.

In the days before I discovered what "flash synch" was
    57824990-M.jpg

I enjoy scanning old photos myself, some family pictures going back to the 1920s. It's possible to correct some of the old defects - here's a lick and a promise I did with your last one.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    The past lives again! Your better half is beautiful.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    I've been putting it off
    getting a scanner and tackling my old photos and slides. They are fading too, so I don't have too much more time, but it's a huge task and one I don't feel that I'm up to right now. So I give you credit! Of course it's nice to discover old memories and enjoy some moments of nostalgia.

I used to think film was so great and digital so odd (I was an early adopter) but now when I look at a lot of the old prints they seem so soft, which may have been part of their magic?

Anyway, enjoy...