CHallenge 59 - Stone Angels

harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
edited March 6, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'd just like an opinion on these two shots - looks as if the best rough shots have already been taken!

Both taken today as I was heading home - hand held, ISO 100,

Pic 1. f5.2. 1/200

58635130-L.jpg

Pic 2 f2.8 1/500s

58635622-L.jpg

Which one would be ok for rough or may be neither of them ?

Cheers

:thumb:D

HarjTT

PS.. I'll try and post my entry a wee bit earlier for this one!

Comments

• wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    Your #2 works for me. The cool, slightly purple tint, is a nice complement to the scene too.
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    #2 for me.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    I agree. #2. I really like the poignancy of the title. The blown out part on the angel's head in #1 is too distracting.

Virginia

Email
  • harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    Flyinggina wrote:
    I agree. #2. I really like the poignancy of the title. The blown out part on the angel's head in #1 is too distracting.

Virginia

Hi Virginia, Thusie & wholenewlight

Thanks for the comments on the pic and I agree with you Virginia about the blown out part on the angels head in no.1. I wasn't sure if I should have used a flash to fill in but thought that would have changed the pic completely. I'll post a colour version of the same shot.

Cheers

Harj

:Dthumb.gif
  • ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    Great!
    #2 and good luck.
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    IF in someway you can do 'dodge' tool the first picture so the photo doesnt look too exposed on the top left hand side, I think it would be a stronger piece.
  • harjttharjtt Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    mr peas wrote:
    IF in someway you can do 'dodge' tool the first picture so the photo doesnt look too exposed on the top left hand side, I think it would be a stronger piece.

Mr peas

Thanks for the tip with the odge tool, but i was stuck at work and couldnt get around to trying it out umph.gif.

HarjTT

thumb.gifD