lighting question

bphillybphilly Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited March 5, 2006 in Cameras
ok so im looking at getting an sb600 for my d70. I don't know a whole lot about flash systems, and i was wondering if there was a way i could use the sb600 as a remote flash off the camera, and use the pop up flash on the d70 simultaneously? Is it possible to use the sb600 off the camera, and no flash on the body?

thanks

Comments

• rjpatrjpat Registered Users Posts: 248 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    The AB's will function as slaves, so they can be triggered by your on camera flash. It could also be triggered by a BC cord connected to your camera or by using an IR trigger(which is what I use). They also sell radio triggers.
    Ron

We never know how something we say, do, or think today, will effect the lives of millions tomorrow....BJ Palmer
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    bphilly wrote:
    ok so im looking at getting an sb600 for my d70. I don't know a whole lot about flash systems, and i was wondering if there was a way i could use the sb600 as a remote flash off the camera, and use the pop up flash on the d70 simultaneously? Is it possible to use the sb600 off the camera, and no flash on the body?

thanks

The D70 works as a master for your SB-600 (and SB-800 for that matter) via the iTTL system. It is dedicated via channels, so it will not be triggered by other photographers flash. You can use your onboard in addition to the SB-600 or just to fire the SB-600 (some coded pre-flashes) it works perfect.

FWIW,

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com