Prints and shipping

JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
edited March 7, 2006 in SmugMug Support
My wife ordered some prints of mine and they were shipped in a tube. While this is ok for protecting it I guess....the problem is my print was rolled up and even now in it's frame you can see where it was rolled.

Is there an option ot have it shipped flat?

Comments

• DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    JohnR wrote:
    My wife ordered some prints of mine and they were shipped in a tube. While this is ok for protecting it I guess....the problem is my print was rolled up and even now in it's frame you can see where it was rolled.

nod.gif wondering about this myself... i've gotten requests for prints, except they're friends from out of state.
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    JohnR wrote:

Not for the big prints, John. This is the industry standard way of shipping them.

Did you have it professionally framed? If not, you need to get it unrolled. I've been successful in "reverse rolling," if you do that a few times, it will then lay flat. Afterwards, I will put it between some foamcore pieces with some books on top, to keep it flat for a day or so.
    edited March 7, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Not for the big prints, John. This is the industry standard way of shipping them.

Did you have it professionally framed? If not, you need to get it unrolled. I've been successful in "reverse rolling," if you do that a few times, it will then lay flat. Afterwards, I will put it between some foamcore pieces with some books on top, to keep it flat for a day or so.

how would you reverse roll it w/o getting fingerprints on the printne_nau.gif thats what bugs me about when i handle prints, i always get fingerprints along the edges...umph.gif
    Daniel Bauer

• marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    Most camera shops (a real one at least, I don't know about Ritz) carry white cloth gloves. They're for handling negatives, but work equally well at not getting fingerprints on things. Personally, once framed I've never had an issue.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    DanielB wrote:
    how would you reverse roll it w/o getting fingerprints on the printne_nau.gif thats what bugs me about when i handle prints, i always get fingerprints along the edges...umph.gif

Daniel - allow me to introduce you to Mr. Soap and Mrs. Washcloth lol3.gif
    edited March 7, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Daniel - allow me to introduce you to Mr. Soap and Mrs. Washcloth lol3.gif

meh.FLIPA.gif

:D
    Daniel Bauer