My little boy

MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
edited March 7, 2006 in People
11 months old, candid shot with a point-n-shoot, followed with a lot of messing around with Photoshop.

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    Kids are cute from almost every angle, but they have the most wonderful, big, expressive eyes. If he had looked up at you, just a little, I think it would have made for a better shot. Nice to see you're working in black and white. Please post some more, he sure looks photogenic!! :D
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2006
    11 months old, candid shot with a point-n-shoot, followed with a lot of messing around with Photoshop.

he has hair like me!:D

cute kid.
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    Kids are cute from almost every angle, but they have the most wonderful, big, expressive eyes. If he had looked up at you, just a little, I think it would have made for a better shot. Nice to see you're working in black and white. Please post some more, he sure looks photogenic!! :D

When I started to take the picture he was looking up at me. I need to find a camera with a faster shutter speed!

I was pretty pleased with it as a black-and-white. I ended up channel mixing something like 50% Red, 40% green, 10% blue, which got me the nice smooth skin, but still brought out the texture of his shirt.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    For some reason, the texture of the shot reminds me of a 1960's era Britsh B&W movie. Just does. ne_nau.giflol3.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    When I started to take the picture he was looking up at me. I need to find a camera with a faster shutter speed!

I was pretty pleased with it as a black-and-white. I ended up channel mixing something like 50% Red, 40% green, 10% blue, which got me the nice smooth skin, but still brought out the texture of his shirt.

It's usually the start-up speed that kills you. Definitely a good reason to get an SLR or higher-end point and shoot.

It's still a nice shot, but you can see a lot of potential if those eyes had been looking at the camera instead!
    Chris