The Fong photo results

3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
edited March 7, 2006 in People
Anyone have the Fong? I love it. I think it evens out the light very well.

Equipment used:
Canon 20d
Sigma DG 500 Flash /w Fong
The crappy kit lens :):
non-studio shot.

58818998-M.jpg

Lets see your Fong :D

Comments

• cyoungcyoung Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    Nice results! I like how it turned out, do you have any color samples? I've been debating on the Fong Lightsphere too. whats the range on that? On his website it looks like he was about 3-4 ft from the model for those portraits shosi n his video. How far can you ge away from the subject and still get good lighting?
    -Carey

Canon EOS Rebel XT, EF-S 18-55, EF 50 1.8 II, Tamron AF 19-35 3.5-4.5, EF 24-70 f/2.8L, EF 70-200 f/4L, Speedlite 580EX, Manfrotto Digi Mini 718B.
  • 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    I'll post some more soon and the color ones as well. These were probably 4-5 ft away. I've shot across the room with it without any problem.

cyoung wrote:
    Nice results! I like how it turned out, do you have any color samples? I've been debating on the Fong Lightsphere too. whats the range on that? On his website it looks like he was about 3-4 ft from the model for those portraits shosi n his video. How far can you ge away from the subject and still get good lighting?
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    I believe 4Labs has also posted a lot of lightsphere images. You're right, it seems to do a nice job of even distribution, the results are very impressive.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au