Options

>> vote for challenge 24 theme <<

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited October 10, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
please choose amongst these topics, your favorite, for the theme for dgrin challenge 24. :lol3

vote for challenge 24 theme 39 votes

landscapes
58% 23 votes
stuff like ansel adams did
30% 12 votes
wide natural vistas
10% 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2004
    Choices on the new challenge
    I got it, Andy! You want us to do landscapes, you want them to be very good, as do we, you must be prefering them in black and white............and you are hoping that we use wide angle lenses.

I can vote for that. (And I have so many good ones from the past, too.)

ginger

One of my books actually says that this.......... is the way you do black and white like Ansel Adams. rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif It was quick, that was the good part, the other part is that my photograph bore no resemblance to anything that Ansel Adams ever showed his public. Then again, I deleted mine, too.

Andy, I don't have any topography that even barely resembles the west coast, or where ever Ansel Adams did his shooting: the west coast.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2004
    landscapes, in color or bw. wide angle is the preferred method of landscapers, but any lens'll do ya, depends on what you are shooting :-)

ginger_55 wrote:
    I got it, Andy! You want us to do landscapes, you want them to be very good, as do we, you must be prefering them in black and white............and you are hoping that we use wide angle lenses.

I can vote for that. (And I have so many good ones from the past, too.)

ginger

One of my books actually says that this.......... is the way you do black and white like Ansel Adams. rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif It was quick, that was the good part, the other part is that my photograph bore no resemblance to anything that Ansel Adams ever showed his public. Then again, I deleted mine, too.

Andy, I don't have any topography that even barely resembles the west coast, or where ever Ansel Adams did his shooting: the west coast.
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2004
    Landscapes!!
    I prefer most landscapes in color. I like Monet better than Ansel Adams. Well, I like Ansel, but DO stuff like Ansel. Forget it. None of us can hold a candle to Ansel. And to try to get something near that good in two weeks, no way. So landscapes it is. Sure, wide angle, best way to get it all in.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    AltProAltPro Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2004
    Thread much simpler to follow now...
    Andy:

I was so glad to see that you cleaned up the thread and then gave each photographer a thread for the challenges... So much cleaner and easier to follow this way. Sincerely do appreciate all of the effort you put into this...

BTW... I have been meaning to tell you that I did in fact get the Sony f828 for the $720. + shipping. It's MINT Condition, in everyway.... Now... IF only it spoke Nikon?

Hope all is finally all well and good with the tooth...

I remain,
    Looking forward to PhotoExpo
    ginette
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
  • Options
    JesmolJesmol Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited October 7, 2004
    Sorry if I'm asking a blatantly obvious question, but if the topic is landscapes, could we submit a stitched photo ?:D
  • Options
    edited October 7, 2004
    Jesmol wrote:
    Sorry if I'm asking a blatantly obvious question, but if the topic is landscapes, could we submit a stitched photo ?:D

for this challenge, i'm going to say no to panos. i'd still like to see them, so please make up some panos, and share them in teh shots forum eh? deal.gif
  • Options
    Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2004
    I voted for landscapes. There are so many opportunities to get landscape shots and I'm sure there will be a ton of excellent photos.
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.