Ghost Walker

Aaron BernardAaron Bernard Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
edited March 7, 2006 in People
When I first reviewed this shot after I took it I really liked it. The more I look at it the less special I think it is. I know the subject is blurry but I was kind of going for that look in the first place.

Did I catch something here or is this just too blurry, bland, not enough pop in the B&W conversion??

thanks for any comments...

ghostyyvonne.jpg

Comments

• swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    There is no magic formula for what makes a photograph work. The impressionist photographers rarely have people in focus. It all depends on what the photograph is trying to say or represent. I like the image. I think the blurriness adds to its message.thumb.gif
  • Aaron BernardAaron Bernard Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2006
    Thanks for the comment. thumb.gif

Im going to print this one out. I like the feel of it for sure. There is something interesting about the womans expression I think.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    I like the feel of it and the look you've given it.

But I don't think the subject matter works. I reckon the same method applied to someone who was unique or interesting in their own right, and who's image somehow fit the style, would make for a much more powerful image.

I really like the creativity, good stuff, FS.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    I like it
    at least it makes me stop and wonder, "where is she going," "what is she thinking with that little half smile."