Options

New

WadeWade Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited February 4, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'm new to this forum. I just thought I'd jump in and participate.

Polarbear005sm.jpg
Wade

Comments

• Options
    WolfWolf Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2004
    I am guessing you shot this at the St. Louis zoo. I have been there and enjoyed it! Used to live in St. Louis for awhile, the Kirkwood area. Sometimes I miss it, NOT!! Just kidding. Great photo!! Thanks for sharing.
    Wade wrote:
    I'm new to this forum. I just thought I'd jump in and participate.

Polarbear005sm.jpg
  • Options
    KC ActionKC Action Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2004
    Betcha can't get that tire without him waking up!

Good shot and welcome.
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2004
    Wolf wrote:
    I am guessing you shot this at the St. Louis zoo. I have been there and enjoyed it! Used to live in St. Louis for awhile, the Kirkwood area. Sometimes I miss it, NOT!! Just kidding. Great photo!! Thanks for sharing.
    I did shoot it at the St. Louis Zoo. I shot it back on January 2nd. It was 70 degrees that day. Today it's 8 degrees. I'm sure he likes the weather now better, but I sure don't. Thanks for the comments. I live in Des Peres, right next to Kirkwood.
    Wade
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2004
    KC Action wrote:
    Betcha can't get that tire without him waking up!

Good shot and welcome.
    Bet I'm not going to try! Thanks for the comment and the welcome.
    Wade
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2004
    Wade wrote:
    I did shoot it at the St. Louis Zoo. I shot it back on January 2nd. It was 70 degrees that day. Today it's 8 degrees. I'm sure he likes the weather now better, but I sure don't. Thanks for the comments. I live in Des Peres, right next to Kirkwood.

I lived in St. Louis (central west end) for 8 years, through 1999. Lately I've been thinking that shooting the Kiel Center on a hockey night might be a cool shot. The projecting front glass, lit from the inside, with crowds heading in, might make a cool shot from the angle of the freeway on ramp.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    I lived in St. Louis (central west end) for 8 years, through 1999. Lately I've been thinking that shooting the Kiel Center on a hockey night might be a cool shot. The projecting front glass, lit from the inside, with crowds heading in, might make a cool shot from the angle of the freeway on ramp.
    That does sound like a cool shot. I keep looking at Kiel and Union Station when I go by and thinking I need to get down there and shoot both of them (and much more downtown). There is plenty to shoot around town here that's for sure. Take care.
    Wade
  • Options
    zx womanzx woman Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited February 3, 2004
    im in the st louis area also. but im on the other side of the river. i just found this website also. i have to say i like it.

and if you get the chance, go up the river road out of alton. beautiful scenery up there.

3398%3A7%3B523232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D934%3D828%3Dxroqdf%3E23233%3C58%3B6433ot1lsi

this was taken just down the road from Mt. Rushmore on vacation this year.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2004
    clap.gif Welcome aboard, zx. I've done that ride quite a few times, but never with a camera. Gone a ways past Grafton (hate the traffic.) Reckon there might be some nice river shots to be had along the way. Or just wait for the floodwaters to rise again. mwink.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited February 4, 2004
    zx woman wrote:
    im in the st louis area also. but im on the other side of the river. i just found this website also. i have to say i like it.

and if you get the chance, go up the river road out of alton. beautiful scenery up there.

3398%3A7%3B523232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D934%3D828%3Dxroqdf%3E23233%3C58%3B6433ot1lsi

this was taken just down the road from Mt. Rushmore on vacation this year.
    Hi and welcome zx. My family and I have been up the River Road quite often the past several months. Alton, Grafton and the scenery between are great. Not much talk about the eagles this year. We stilll want to go up and try to get some shots of them. Glad to see another local here. Take care.
    Wade