digital darkroom assignment #13

AndyAndy BicameralNew YorkRegistered Users Posts: 50,154 Major grins
edited October 24, 2004 in Finishing School
i'm not cletus, but i play him on dgrin :lol3

he asked me to guest host this time. fun fun fun!

assignment: increasing dynamic range

find a scene that has a very broad dynamic range. using your digital editing software, combine multiple exposures into one image, and show us the before and after.

this can be done shooting raw or jpg. raw if you got it, is best. if you have a digicam that only shoots jpg, you can still do it. finally, it can be done with any digital camera.

a few tips:

1) at shoot, watch your histogram carefully, avoiding the loss of data at either end of the specturm

2) shooting jpg? use a tripod on a scene that has broad dynamic range. fire off three shots, and use your camera's exposure bracketing feature to take a shot that is 1/2 stop underexposed, evenly exposed, and 1/2 stop overexposed. you'll then blend these in post.

3) shooting raw? you only need to shoot one exposure, and you'll develop multiple images in your raw coverter and blend them in post.

i've just made up a digital blending tutorial, hopefully this will give you a good start. and if you'd like more, you can also check out luminous landscape.

i'll be available for your questions. please ask them here in this thread.

enjoy (greater dynamic range) photography,
«1

Comments

  • spocklingspockling Major grins Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2004
    Here's one I shot last week.....Before
  • spocklingspockling Major grins Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2004
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Crazy Creek Babe Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2004
    That looks great, Spockling.

    That is one "darkroom" thing that makes my brain hurt. I so admire people with the foresight, patience, planning and know how to do that type of thing.

    g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • lynnmalynnma Moddess Emeritus Homosassa, Florida (Paradise)Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,163
    edited October 5, 2004
    Andy wrote:
    i'm not cletus, but i play him on dgrin lol3.gif

    he asked me to guest host this time. fun fun fun!

    assignment: increasing dynamic range

    find a scene that has a very broad dynamic range. using your digital editing software, combine multiple exposures into one image, and show us the before and after.

    this can be done shooting raw or jpg. raw if you got it, is best. if you have a digicam that only shoots jpg, you can still do it. finally, it can be done with any digital camera.

    a few tips:

    1) at shoot, watch your histogram carefully, avoiding the loss of data at either end of the specturm

    2) shooting jpg? use a tripod on a scene that has broad dynamic range. fire off three shots, and use your camera's exposure bracketing feature to take a shot that is 1/2 stop underexposed, evenly exposed, and 1/2 stop overexposed. you'll then blend these in post.

    3) shooting raw? you only need to shoot one exposure, and you'll develop multiple images in your raw coverter and blend them in post.

    i've just made up a digital blending tutorial, hopefully this will give you a good start. and if you'd like more, you can also check out luminous landscape.

    i'll be available for your questions. please ask them here in this thread.

    enjoy (greater dynamic range) photography,
    Andy can we use an old shot or does it have to be fresh??ne_nau.gif
  • AndyAndy Bicameral New YorkRegistered Users Posts: 50,154 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2004
    fresh or frozen, your choice
    lynnma wrote:
    Andy can we use an old shot or does it have to be fresh??ne_nau.gif

    the intent here is to practice a new technique. use what you have, or shoot new deal.gif
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Crazy Creek Babe Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2004
    Lynn, just now driving home, I thought "old shot", too. But I can't do that, and I suspect that you can't either.

    (I will probably end up doing this, but can't figure out where to say the least of when)

    The reason some of us can't use old shots is that I do not regularly use a tripod, like never. I have bad shots, somewhere, but no companion shot to blend with it.

    I think I just thought of somewhere, but I have noticed that bracketing feature on our cameras, thought it was really cool, but couldn't figure out why one of the three shots bracketed was over exposed.

    Now I know why.

    ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • ThwackThwack Hobbyist Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2004
    Clarification please
    When working with RAW files, you started with 2 stops of difference between the images you're working with.

    When shooting JPG's, you suggest bracketing by +/- 1/2 stop. That gives a range of only 1 stop between the two images we'd be working with.

    Is that because JPG's are more susceptable to noise if we bracket by +/- a full stop vs. working with RAW files?

    I've lost some potentially cool shots lately by not using a tripod and bracketing, so I'm very interested in this assignment and any subtle details I can ferret out.

    Thanks.
  • AndyAndy Bicameral New YorkRegistered Users Posts: 50,154 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2004
    raw ginger raw raw raw
    remember, we went thru the raw thing, dear.
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Lynn, just now driving home, I thought "old shot", too. But I can't do that, and I suspect that you can't either.

    (I will probably end up doing this, but can't figure out where to say the least of when)

    The reason some of us can't use old shots is that I do not regularly use a tripod, like never. I have bad shots, somewhere, but no companion shot to blend with it.

    I think I just thought of somewhere, but I have noticed that bracketing feature on our cameras, thought it was really cool, but couldn't figure out why one of the three shots bracketed was over exposed.

    Now I know why.

    ginger
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Crazy Creek Babe Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2004
    Andy wrote:
    remember, we went thru the raw thing, dear.
    I don't understand, Andy, really I don't understand at all.

    I am shooting exclusively in RAW and have been since I went to that conert.

    I just put about 150 RAW shots on my computer.

    I couldn't use an old shot for the Cletus/Andy discussion anyway, so I would be shooting in RAW.

    Do my shots look like I am not shooting in RAW? I am, exclusively.

    And I will be until I go to visit my daughter in DC on the 17th. I am going to use jpeg there with her and my grandchildren. I will want to get as many shots of them as I can.

    But why did you post that re RAW?

    Ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Crazy Creek Babe Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2004
    Oh, maybe you can't use that bracketing feature with RAW. If that is so, I forgot it............

    Sorry. But nowhere did I imply that I wasn't going to shoot in RAW.

    g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • snapapplesnapapple Major grins Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I don't understand, Andy, really I don't understand at all.

    I am shooting exclusively in RAW and have been since I went to that conert.

    I just put about 150 RAW shots on my computer.
    I couldn't use an old shot for the Cletus/Andy discussion anyway, so I would be shooting in RAW.
    Do my shots look like I am not shooting in RAW? I am, exclusively.

    And I will be until I go to visit my daughter in DC on the 17th. I am going to use jpeg there with her and my grandchildren. I will want to get as many shots of them as I can.
    But why did you post that re RAW?

    Ginger

    Ginger,
    I don't know why he posted that about RAW either. It may be because you mention needing more than one image. If you shoot in RAW, you really only need one image. Then, you can develope it 3 different ways and use those three images for your composite. You're right, you probably don't have any old shots you could use, because you were not shooting in RAW before. For now you can shoot RAW and develope 3 or shoot JPEG shooting 3 bracketed. If you want to try this assignment, just chose any of your RAW shots with real light and real dark areas. You've got it. Andy just isn't reading well today.
    Go to it.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • AndyAndy Bicameral New YorkRegistered Users Posts: 50,154 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Lynn, just now driving home, I thought "old shot", too. But I can't do that, and I suspect that you can't either.

    (I will probably end up doing this, but can't figure out where to say the least of when)

    The reason some of us can't use old shots is that I do not regularly use a tripod, like never. I have bad shots, somewhere, but no companion shot to blend with it.

    I think I just thought of somewhere, but I have noticed that bracketing feature on our cameras, thought it was really cool, but couldn't figure out why one of the three shots bracketed was over exposed.

    Now I know why.

    ginger

    i was reading your post perfectly, ginger dear :D i was just reminding you that raw is exactly as snappy said - so shoot some raws this week, with a lot of d.r. in the shot. deal.gif
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Crazy Creek Babe Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2004
    Andy, what is "dr" and
    I was going to go back out to that place to take this photo two different ways, will post photo. The sun was behind the house, the house is too dark, the whole thing is too dark, I could fix that, probably, but the sky is blown.

    Don't I have to have the color in both places.

    I haven't wanted to appear dumber than I already do, but I get confused by some of the photo language and abbreviations in the tutorials. I get out books to try to understand, but I am way behind you in the area of photo speak, Andy.

    I did not know, until Snappy said that about using RAW 3 different ways that I could do that. I am sure I was told that in a tutorial or somewhere, but I am trying to learn so much, well, this old dog is a bit arthritic mentally at times, or something.

    I am still not really understanding how to implement what Snappy is talking about.

    OK, I am going to dig that hole in the sand,
    and crawl in it.

    ginger
    the idiot who never reads books for idiots, they only make me more so.

    Coming out of the closet, here, by necessity.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • lynnmalynnma Moddess Emeritus Homosassa, Florida (Paradise)Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,163
    edited October 6, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I was going to go back out to that place to take this photo two different ways, will post photo. The sun was behind the house, the house is too dark, the whole thing is too dark, I could fix that, probably, but the sky is blown.

    Don't I have to have the color in both places.

    I haven't wanted to appear dumber than I already do, but I get confused by some of the photo language and abbreviations in the tutorials. I get out books to try to understand, but I am way behind you in the area of photo speak, Andy.

    I did not know, until Snappy said that about using RAW 3 different ways that I could do that. I am sure I was told that in a tutorial or somewhere, but I am trying to learn so much, well, this old dog is a bit arthritic mentally at times, or something.

    I am still not really understanding how to implement what Snappy is talking about.

    OK, I am going to dig that hole in the sand,
    and crawl in it.

    ginger
    the idiot who never reads books for idiots, they only make me more so.

    Coming out of the closet, here, by necessity.
    Hi Ginger.. I didn't know what d.r. meant either.. it means dynamic range. Also if you open a raw file in photoshop cs this is what it looks like. If you look you can see that you can move the exposure slider up and down and change the exposer sever stops. Other stuff too.. this is before you open it again in photoshop to play with it more. Try it and see.. play with it for a while and it'll make sense.
  • lynnmalynnma Moddess Emeritus Homosassa, Florida (Paradise)Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,163
    edited October 6, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi Ginger.. I didn't know what d.r. meant either.. it means dynamic range. Also if you open a raw file in photoshop cs this is what it looks like. If you look you can see that you can move the exposure slider up and down and change the exposer sever stops. Other stuff too.. this is before you open it again in photoshop to play with it more. Try it and see.. play with it for a while and it'll make sense.
    sorry that example was'nt too clear... here it is again... its just like you have control over what the camera usually does only in photoshop.. it's magic. No bracketing needed, just take your raw (any old raw) and try it. thumb.gifthats why everyone keeps talking about raw... you can change it after the fact, even if the exposure is 2 stops wrong either way...:D
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Crazy Creek Babe Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2004
    Andy, Lynn, Whoever, an example and some more questions...
    This is a jpeg, but I have the original RAW, and it looks just like this, I just had to make it a jpeg to show you all.

    This would be what you are talking about, wouldn't it? Are you just talking about fiddling with the controls, or are you talking about blending, it seems from "listening" to what is being written that the tutorial is on blending, but that with RAW you don't need to blend?

    Is that right?

    Am I still confused, and what to I do from here? I have been hitting exposure til the histo goes all the way over to the highlight side, then I have been hitting the shadows til the histo is all the way to the left, too. Then I usually have put the shot in PS CS.

    g, Thanks, you all.
    9495734-L.jpg
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • lynnmalynnma Moddess Emeritus Homosassa, Florida (Paradise)Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,163
    edited October 6, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    This is a jpeg, but I have the original RAW, and it looks just like this, I just had to make it a jpeg to show you all.

    This would be what you are talking about, wouldn't it? Are you just talking about fiddling with the controls, or are you talking about blending, it seems from "listening" to what is being written that the tutorial is on blending, but that with RAW you don't need to blend?

    Is that right?

    Am I still confused, and what to I do from here? I have been hitting exposure til the histo goes all the way over to the highlight side, then I have been hitting the shadows til the histo is all the way to the left, too. Then I usually have put the shot in PS CS.

    g, Thanks, you all.
    9495734-L.jpg
    Hi Ginge.. sorry if I was confusing... I can't see your jpeg for some reason, it'sn not showing. Yes I am talking about fiddling with the controls BUT taking the one shot fiddling with the controls til it's very light say, then maybe saving that copy, taking the same shot, fiddling with it again and making it say dark? and saving that (different name) then opeing both in photoshop and only then blending one on top of the other and erasing part of the top one...make sense?? let me know if not..
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Crazy Creek Babe Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2004
    Thanks, Lynn, now it is starting to make sense. I honestly do have a headache. My PC shut down before I could throw two more examples over here.

    And these are as freshly done as Sat and Mon, too. Strange that you can't see the shot, I can in your response, all nicely done with the white line around it.

    I used to ask a lot more questions, then I got famous, and I didn't want to sound stupid, but I still am, getting smarter, but my vocabulary level is much below someone like Andy's. And people forget what they didn't know. And if I don't ask, you all won't know that I just don't understand.

    I really have trouble understand layers, for instance. I do use it to my advantage. But if Andy, or anyone has a tutorial that includes a lot of layers, I ignore it.

    Or I did ask the question about the layers locking up on me. I did get answers. They just didn't work for me, two examples of how to solve it, I think. I will figure it out someday. Now, if it locks up, I just merge the layers and start from where I left off. I mean I can't keep saying, "but I don't understand", and it is frustrating to the other person, as that person is not looking at my computer and really can't understand what I don't understand.
    ETc.

    The eye thing, the thing you look through, I never could focus it manually, as nothing ever looked clear through it. I just had to trust AF. I mentioned it on dgrin, in relation to something else, no response on not being able to see.

    Then a week or so later, after I got my camera back from repair, I mentioned it to my husband. He ignored me, I tried to get him to look through it, he said he never could see through my view finders. He was getting really annoyed, and I was talking about sending the camera back as defective. I made him promise to call about it. (He would have promised anything to shut me up, then).

    But he did make some comment under his breath about most cameras having an adjustment you could make, mumble, mumble.........

    The next day I looked, there was this tee tiny thing: I CAN SEE NOW. But that is how dumb I can be, and people don't know that, because I have been taking photos so long.

    And being practically deaf, I learned to hide "dumb" by the time I was in grade school, so it is hard for me to ask this stuff.

    Thanks for being patient, Lynn. I will try to separate the light from the dark, sounds biblical, and put them together, then I will show you all.

    ginger:D
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • ThwackThwack Hobbyist Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2004
    Ginger,

    If it helps, Andy posted a step by step walk through using a RAW file in his example. You can see the steps in the thread at:

    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=29136#post29136

    Just like Lynn said, you open the RAW file twice...one time you save it as-is (if you like the exposure on PART of the picture) and the other time, you adjust the exposure before opening it (which corrects the under-exposed part of your picture while overexposing the part you liked initially).

    You then blend the good parts of those two together, trampling the poorly exposed parts in the process.

    Good luck (great looking sunset...I bet it looks even cooler once you fix the exposure on the land portion).

    All my cameras only shoot JPEG so I have to go take some new shots to try this out.

    My next camera will definitely have to support RAW.
  • lynnmalynnma Moddess Emeritus Homosassa, Florida (Paradise)Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,163
    edited October 6, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Thanks, Lynn, now it is starting to make sense. I honestly do have a headache. My PC shut down before I could throw two more examples over here.

    And these are as freshly done as Sat and Mon, too. Strange that you can't see the shot, I can in your response, all nicely done with the white line around it.

    I used to ask a lot more questions, then I got famous, and I didn't want to sound stupid, but I still am, getting smarter, but my vocabulary level is much below someone like Andy's. And people forget what they didn't know. And if I don't ask, you all won't know that I just don't understand.

    I really have trouble understand layers, for instance. I do use it to my advantage. But if Andy, or anyone has a tutorial that includes a lot of layers, I ignore it.

    Or I did ask the question about the layers locking up on me. I did get answers. They just didn't work for me, two examples of how to solve it, I think. I will figure it out someday. Now, if it locks up, I just merge the layers and start from where I left off. I mean I can't keep saying, "but I don't understand", and it is frustrating to the other person, as that person is not looking at my computer and really can't understand what I don't understand.
    ETc.

    The eye thing, the thing you look through, I never could focus it manually, as nothing ever looked clear through it. I just had to trust AF. I mentioned it on dgrin, in relation to something else, no response on not being able to see.

    Then a week or so later, after I got my camera back from repair, I mentioned it to my husband. He ignored me, I tried to get him to look through it, he said he never could see through my view finders. He was getting really annoyed, and I was talking about sending the camera back as defective. I made him promise to call about it. (He would have promised anything to shut me up, then).

    But he did make some comment under his breath about most cameras having an adjustment you could make, mumble, mumble.........

    The next day I looked, there was this tee tiny thing: I CAN SEE NOW. But that is how dumb I can be, and people don't know that, because I have been taking photos so long.

    And being practically deaf, I learned to hide "dumb" by the time I was in grade school, so it is hard for me to ask this stuff.

    Thanks for being patient, Lynn. I will try to separate the light from the dark, sounds biblical, and put them together, then I will show you all.

    ginger:D
    Great! sounds good to me.. pm me if you get in a bind... It's not easy being green.. I know...rolleyes1.gif
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Crazy Creek Babe Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2004
    Layers Locked, Help
    That is my problem with layers, they always lock. I have asked about this before. I was sent to places to read things, they didn't work. So, I just learned to live with it. If they locked, well, I merged them and went on.

    Now for this assignment. I have two versions of the same RAW file that I want to "blend", "paste", whatever. I did one, don't know how good it was, but I didn't like the picture, so I went to do another one.

    Doing the first one, nothing locked.

    I went to do the second one, and it said I could not put one layer on top of the other, as the layer, the first one, the background, was locked.

    I don't understand.

    I don't understand how layers get locked.

    I don't understand how to unlock them.

    Or how to lock them, if I were to want to.

    Locking layers are a complete mystery to me, and I can't do this assignment of blending two layers, not when they lock me out.

    ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Crazy Creek Babe Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2004
    First Light Photography by ginger
    The first one here is the finished photo. I never did get the thing unlocked. Somehow, I bypassed it, but how, I don't know as I had tried the same thing before and it hadn't worked. I have looked everywhere. CS tells you how to lock but not how to unlock, or work when things are locked. And you can't follow it backwards. Below this is the original photo taken RAW this morning, Thurs. ginger

    Oh, is it OK to have a blown area in the sky like this, I don't mind it, I like it, but I wonder about Challenges and stuff.

    9547611-L.jpg


    9547604-L.jpg
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Crazy Creek Babe Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2004
    Last try for tonight
    I am not sure this is aligned, but it appears to be until the end. And the sun appears to be aligned, just not the grass. g
    The first one of this is at the beginning of this thread, I have to go to bed.

    9550317-L.jpg
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Crazy Creek Babe Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2004
    A correction example
    This is the before. I thought it might not be the best picture, but would be a good example.


    9585749-L.jpg

    9585748-L.jpg

    That looks kind of fake, don't you think? It is the time of day for that yellowish color, so I don't really like to correct for it. What do you all think?

    ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Crazy Creek Babe Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2004
    before and after by ginger
    9585724-L.jpg


    9585723-L.jpg
    I am using a method found in a book, bringing the dark one on top of the light one, using Difference to align, though that has not been a problem. Then I go to Layer > Layer Styles > Blending Options (moving sliders and things, I am having a little bit of trouble getting that down, it worked best in this photo.) My main problem comes at the point of putting the dark one on top of the light one. Whichever one is on layers, layers says is locked. Then I duplicate it and try to put the dark one over the light one with the move thingy, and the dark one becomes the one on layers. They switch back and forth, depending in which I touch, so it is serendipity to get the layer to come out and "paste".

    This was the last one I did last night. I was exhausted, no one was on the site, I don't think, I went to sleep.

    ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • lynnmalynnma Moddess Emeritus Homosassa, Florida (Paradise)Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,163
    edited October 9, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    This is the before. I thought it might not be the best picture, but would be a good example.






    That looks kind of fake, don't you think? It is the time of day for that yellowish color, so I don't really like to correct for it. What do you all think?

    ginger
    Yes I think this one is a little overdone.. Doin good tho Ginger... your'e on a roll :D
  • lynnmalynnma Moddess Emeritus Homosassa, Florida (Paradise)Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,163
    edited October 9, 2004
    before


    9592804-L.jpg



    After
    9592803-L.jpg

    very little difference really I spose... but I did do a Cletus burn jobby and also blended a layer that was diffused glow underneath the orgininal and wiped off a thin amount in places to let the glow through... not so impressive but I thought I did it so I'll post it. :D
  • lynnmalynnma Moddess Emeritus Homosassa, Florida (Paradise)Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,163
    edited October 9, 2004
    before
    9593990-L.jpg




    After
    9593991-L.jpg
    I used the exposure in raw to lighten the second time around, curves and noise reduction.
  • lynnmalynnma Moddess Emeritus Homosassa, Florida (Paradise)Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,163
    edited October 9, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    That is my problem with layers, they always lock. I have asked about this before. I was sent to places to read things, they didn't work. So, I just learned to live with it. If they locked, well, I merged them and went on.

    Now for this assignment. I have two versions of the same RAW file that I want to "blend", "paste", whatever. I did one, don't know how good it was, but I didn't like the picture, so I went to do another one.

    Doing the first one, nothing locked.

    I went to do the second one, and it said I could not put one layer on top of the other, as the layer, the first one, the background, was locked.

    I don't understand.

    I don't understand how layers get locked.

    I don't understand how to unlock them.

    Or how to lock them, if I were to want to.

    Locking layers are a complete mystery to me, and I can't do this assignment of blending two layers, not when they lock me out.

    ginger
    Layers can be locked or unlocked ... see red circles..hope this helps.:D
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Crazy Creek Babe Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2004
    That is a really pretty picture, Lynn. The one with the boats and birds. I love it when there are birds all over.

    (Smile, kind of obviously considering all the pigeons and the kid. But I also love boats and seagulls, I can sit here and imagine the noises they make.)

    Thanks for the "tutorial" photo. I have clicked on the locks many times, trying to get them to do something. Never noticed it making any difference.

    This is a problem with me, it has been true whether it was Elements, PS 7, or CS.

    The bottom layer I can understand why it would lock. That would maybe keep the photo safe, "intact", so to speak.

    But to not be able to control it on up the line, well, I need to be able to know what I am doing wrong. What are you doing with the locks? Is it difficult to say? Do you click on what to do what?

    ginger

    Also, I really like your entry in the "time" category. I am not going to work on it anymore. I will be surprised if I do another photograph on it. One, it is supposed to rain for the next year or so. Two, that category is driving me nuts, thinking of the past and all.......... With the trip to DC coming up a week from tomorrow (Sunday), and I don't travel much, this will be the first time, except Charlotte, in a year, so I have alot of stress......

    I like the way you sized your entry, too. I like the slave cabin I did, but I think the prayer book is a more personal entry, and since neither is going far, I should enter the personal one. But I am torn between the prayer book by itself, the square one, towards the end of my thread, or the prayer book with a toy wooden doll. Could you look at those two and see which one you like?

    thanks,

    me
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
Sign In or Register to comment.