Lost

UmbroUmbro Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited March 7, 2006 in People
I was just about to wipe my card but saw this shot and thought i'd have a play in PS

Comments

• adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    nice shot, unfortunately I find the noise too distracting. I think a tad darker would be better & maybe that'll disguise some of the noise.

but it's definately a keeper.
    Umbro wrote:
    I was just about to wipe my card but saw this shot and thought i'd have a play in PS
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • UmbroUmbro Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    adrian_k wrote:
    nice shot, unfortunately I find the noise too distracting. I think a tad darker would be better & maybe that'll disguise some of the noise.

but it's definately a keeper.

Thank for your reply,

I actually put the grain (noise) in the shot to try to add to the "feel" of the photograph. I tried it without but i don't think it comes across quite the same. See what you think
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    Remember it is all subjective and personal preferences.....I like the first one, the second one just looks "thoughtful or in deep thought"...hmmm guess that could translate into "LOST" in thought......
    Still the first one I like best, for some reason I thought maybe the noise was from it being shot at like 3200 iso.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• livinginozlivinginoz Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    i like the noise/grain, also. when i was first learning graphic design, we actually used to specify a look like that in some of the things we were working on, and i always liked the way it looked.
    laurie in rural minnesota

my stuff
  • UmbroUmbro Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    Remember it is all subjective and personal preferences.....I like the first one, the second one just looks "thoughtful or in deep thought"...hmmm guess that could translate into "LOST" in thought......
    Still the first one I like best, for some reason I thought maybe the noise was from it being shot at like 3200 iso.

The shot was shot at 3200 iso 1/15 @ f2.8 handheld.
    As you say it's all subjective, even down to the title. i agree that the second shot has more of a day dreaming, lost in thought type feel. Whereas the first for me has more of a desperate, lonely feel.

We're split in my house, i like the first and my wife prefers the second. Thats what i love about her....she never agrees with me:D
    Glad you liked it
    livinginoz wrote:
    i like the noise/grain, also. when i was first learning graphic design, we actually used to specify a look like that in some of the things we were working on, and i always liked the way it looked.

I've seen shots like this in the past and i've wanted to do something similar myself for awhile, and this shot seemed to fit the bill.

thanks for taking the time