Can someone help me?

plhargplharg Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
edited March 7, 2006 in Finishing School
I have pscs2, and I am using an action called tlr diffuse. When I run the soft focus action it it fine. I like the effect if brings. But I want to bring out the face fetures so I go back in and erase with a low opacity. But in order to do that it warns that I must merge the layers before erasing. So when I do that the picture becomes too cloudy for my taste. I erase what I want, but then I can't get the cloudy effect off and back to what it was before I merged the layers. Any suggestions?

Patricia

Comments

• edgeworkedgework Registered Users Posts: 257 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    plharg wrote:
    I have pscs2, and I am using an action called tlr diffuse. When I run the soft focus action it it fine. I like the effect if brings. But I want to bring out the face fetures so I go back in and erase with a low opacity. But in order to do that it warns that I must merge the layers before erasing. So when I do that the picture becomes too cloudy for my taste. I erase what I want, but then I can't get the cloudy effect off and back to what it was before I merged the layers. Any suggestions?

Patricia

I assume you're talking about the Diffuse Glow actions from The Light's Right web site (an excellent resource, by the way). All of the actions from that site are nondestructive, in that they create a new layer for the results of whatever operations are being performed. Not sure what the problem might be. Instead of erasing, use a layer mask to hide the areas you don't want.
    There are two ways to slide through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both save us from thinking.
    —Korzybski
  • cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    plharg wrote:

Patricia

Photoshop has a history brush that you might be able to use. It's a tool I haven't used much and I don't have access to photoshop right now so I'm afraid I can't offer much advice. You should be able to find something in the PS help or by searching the 'net.
  • plhargplharg Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited March 7, 2006
    Thanks guys! It worked!
    Patricia