Why I've been away for awhile...

jmathewjmathew Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
edited March 8, 2006 in People
I havent posted in a bit - thought I'd share a couple of the kids.

Taken in a very dark hotel room with just the bedside lamp, ISO 1600; 85 1.8. I just fixed the WB, not sure if I should mess around with them much more.

58903790-M.jpg

58901660-M.jpg

-Jefy
Jefy Mathew

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2006
    Cute kids! I especially like your 2nd shot. I like the DOF in this shot with her little face front and center nicely focused and the rest of her body blurred. I like her cocky pose and the color is nice. I'm not too crazy about the pillow, or whatever it is, used for the kids to lean on in the first shot...it is just distracting and takes away from the two of them. The second is defintely the best, but every shot of your kids is worth keeping!!!:D
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2006
    Great stuff @ 1600 ! That lens is starting to annoy me...everyone seems to have it but me. Those are beautiful eyes.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 8, 2006
    Humungus wrote:
    Great stuff @ 1600 ! That lens is starting to annoy me...everyone seems to have it but me. Those are beautiful eyes.

mine is due in today-

andy needs to be careful; his words carry a lot of weight-

george

ps jefy- cute kids, nice pics
  • jmathewjmathew Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited March 8, 2006
    Thanks!

The 85 1.8 rocks, makes me look much better than I am.

I agree about the pillow, but it was a spontaneous moment - ran and got the camera as soon as I could while they were being so cute!
    Jefy Mathew
  • cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2006
    jmathew wrote:
    ...makes me look much better than I am.

:nah

It doesn't mater how good the glass is... if you didn't know what you you were doing, you wouldn't get great shots like these!