Last Ride of the Year!

hodgyhodgy Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited October 12, 2004 in Landscapes
A man and his bike.

rob1.jpg

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2004
    nod.gif That's beautiful, hodgy. Nice work!

Last ride of the year? Say it ain't so! On ADVRider there's a guy who lives in Toronto who has described some of his winter riding. Simply amazing. In weather that has me all electric, he's in a jacket and sweater only.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited October 8, 2004
    wxwax wrote:

Last ride of the year? Say it ain't so! On ADVRider there's a guy who lives in Toronto who has described some of his winter riding. Simply amazing. In weather that has me all electric, he's in a jacket and sweater only.
    Hiya Waxy!

I think it might near the last ride for some people (let's not say which ones).
    But I'd like to go back here maybe. One more crossing before the park pass
    wears out :D

9064589-M.jpg

[sorry for the hijack. --ian]
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
    edited October 9, 2004
    wave.gif Hiya Ian. What a great location! Um, where is it? And how much did the park pass cost?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    edited October 9, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    wave.gif Hiya Ian. What a great location! Um, where is it? And how much did the park pass cost?
    It's Tioga Pass in Yosemite. Once the first real snow sticks to the ground, they
    close the road. As you cross, there are areas where it's evident why the
    road is closed. Avalanches.

A park pass is good for one year from the date of first use (I bought mine at
    REI) and it costs $35. A single visit in the cage is $20. No breaks for bikes
    (like some National Parks). It's good in all the National Parks. I've been about
    4 times this year so I think it has paid for itself :D

Ian
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2004
    ian408 wrote:
    It's Tioga Pass in Yosemite. Once the first real snow sticks to the ground, they

(like some National Parks). It's good in all the National Parks. I've been about

Ian
    Ian,

I rode through Tioga Pass in late June of this year and we were only charged $10.00 each for the bikes.

Maybe they didn't like the way you looked. rolleyes1.gif Or the make of bike. ne_nau.gif

Sam
    edited October 10, 2004
    Wow. Glad I head the park pass :D

I was coming from Tioga to the valley. The ranger said "$20 please", I asked if
    bikes got a break the answer was no so I showed my park pass deal.gif

Ian
  • RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2004
    wxwax wrote:

Winter riding is one of the best times of the year to be out. Air cooled motors love that time of year, almost as much as me! Had some fo my best rides in winter, and figure my last ride will be to the one taken the day before my "departure"!

RM
    http://roadrunes.com
    "It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D
    edited October 12, 2004
    ian408 wrote:

Ian

thumb.gif Thanks! I gotta get out there and ride and shoot.
    Sid.
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Sid? I'm not seeing night roaming shots from you.... of course, I'm not shooting either, but thats not the point...ne_nau.gif
    edited October 12, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Next Spring/Summer/Fall? I recommend Fall. But winter's pretty good too.

Ian
    edited October 12, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Sid? I'm not seeing night roaming shots from you.... of course, I'm not shooting either, but thats not the point...ne_nau.gif
    It's coming back, lynn. I'm trying to think of something I can shoot for Time in ATL. But I don't want to go to the prisoner parade at the courthouse.
    Sid.