58955506-M.jpg

58810594-M.jpg

59074176-M.jpg

59074633-M.jpg
Missy Ü

Comments

• juliejulesjuliejules Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2006
    I really like number 3. To me this photo is all about the eyes. I think #2 is a little too bleached out, but I still like it. I don't care for the color ones.
    --juliejules
    http://www.juliejules.com
    Canon 70D, Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS, Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L, Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM, Canon Ext 1.4x II, SpeedLite 430EX
  • melissa6631melissa6631 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2006
    juliejules wrote:
    I really like number 3. To me this photo is all about the eyes. I think #2 is a little too bleached out, but I still like it. I don't care for the color ones.

The first one is the original.

I had heard a "tip" to put my white balance on "cloudy" and then when I tried to take pictures they were all pretty orange. Blach!
    Missy Ü
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2006
    Definitely #3. Good save. thumb.gif
    Virginia

Email
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2006
    I would take numer 3 one step further. IMHO it still looks nuked, I would take another step; i.e. the same difference you have now between #2 and #3 do that again to create another BW version.

Let me know if you need help, I'd be happy to do it.

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2006
    I like number three, but it is still too blown out. I like the eyes, however the skin needs detail. Darken the skin a bit more and you'll be on the money!thumb.gif