PSCS font list

BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
edited March 9, 2006 in Finishing School
I would like to have a listing of available fonts in the font without going through and creating them myself (read I'm lazy). This would be a tremendous help when trying to find just the right font for a project.

Where might I find this?
Greg
"Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2006
    Bodley wrote:
    I would like to have a listing of available fonts in the font without going through and creating them myself (read I'm lazy). This would be a tremendous help when trying to find just the right font for a project.

Where might I find this?

You want a font book with samples for each font? I'm confused about what it is you're looking for, exactly.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2006
    Bodley wrote:

Where might I find this?

I do not know, but I do know that in PS CS2, the fonts are visible in the list (WYSIWYG).
  • BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    You want a font book with samples for each font? I'm confused about what it is you're looking for, exactly.
    Yeah something like that.
    Andy wrote:
    I do not know, but I do know that in PS CS2, the fonts are visible in the list (WYSIWYG).

Well in PSCS the drop down list is a generic font. Maybe I don't have some box checked somewhere. Or was this an improvement in CS2?
    Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
    edited March 9, 2006
    Bodley wrote:
    Yeah something like that.

Well in PSCS the drop down list is a generic font. Maybe I don't have some box checked somewhere. Or was this an improvement in CS2?

I'm sorry, Bod. Yah - it's an improvement in CS2.
    edited March 9, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    I'm sorry, Bod. Yah - it's an improvement in CS2.
    Guess I'm in for an upgrade - The reason I've haven't as of yet is the bridge thing. Seems like it would slow things down. I've also heard CS2 was slower anyway.

Thanks Andy
    Greg
    edited March 9, 2006
    Bodley wrote:
    Guess I'm in for an upgrade - The reason I've haven't as of yet is the bridge thing. Seems like it would slow things down. I've also heard CS2 was slower anyway.

Thanks Andy

Gotta tellya Bod - I'm right now going through and working on about 20,000 images in PS CS2 and Bridge. I find it really fast. But then, I'm running on a Mac, G5 Quad. 5 gigs of ram. I find it super speedy. And I'm adding new keywords to every file in my library, so it's going through a lot.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2006
    Bodley wrote:

Thanks Andy

How would bridge slow anything down? Bridge is MUCH improved over CS, and CS2 is awesome, IMO.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited March 9, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    How would bridge slow anything down? Bridge is MUCH improved over CS, and CS2 is awesome, IMO.
    Well I'm on the download screen now, guess I'm in.
    Andy wrote:
    Gotta tellya Bod - I'm right now going through and working on about 20,000 images in PS CS2 and Bridge. I find it really fast. But then, I'm running on a Mac, G5 Quad. 5 gigs of ram. I find it super speedy. And I'm adding new keywords to every file in my library, so it's going through a lot.

Well I'm on an underpowered PC - but lets not start that again :D
    Greg