Bridge Metadata

mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
edited March 12, 2006 in Finishing School
I figured out how to do this last year but cannot figure out what I did, and how to change it. In the Bridge Tools menu is "Append Metatdata". I have one choice defined, "copyright 2005". Obviously I need to change this (or rather, add a 2006 option). But I cannot figure out how to do this.
Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
A former sports shooter
Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2006
    Searching for "append metadata" in the Bridge help file found this:

You can modify the metadata in the File Info dialog box and save it as a template for use with other files.
    Create a new file using an Adobe Creative Suite application. This creates a file without metadata from any other source.
    Select the file.
    Choose File > Info.
    Enter the desired information in the File Info dialog box.
    Choose any of the following from the menu at the upper right of the File Info dialog box:
    To save the metadata in the File Info dialog box as a template for use with other files, choose Save Metadata Template. Enter a name for the template and click Save.
    To delete an existing metadata template, choose Delete Metadata Template. Choose the template you want to delete from the menu in the dialog box and click Delete.
    To open the folder containing metadata templates, choose Show Templates.
    Click OK. You can now also apply metadata templates to files with the Append Metadata and Replace Metadata commands in the Tools menu and in the Metadata panel menu.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2006
    And to add to David's reply, when you choose Save Metadata Template, you can type the same name as before and it will ask you whether you want to overwrite/replace the old version.

I update my Copyright template each year this way:

1. Apply the old template to a new photo.
    2. Open the metadata info window (Ctrl-Alt-Shft-I on the PC)
    3. Change the year in the copyright line
    4. Save Metadata Template

Done!