adding audio to smugmug

cookiemonstercookiemonster Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited March 11, 2006 in SmugMug Support
just a quick question.. is there anyway to add audio (mp3, wav) to a smugmug gallery? and would a smugmug account be able to host that audio file.

thanks in advance

CookieMonster

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2006
    just a quick question.. is there anyway to add audio (mp3, wav) to a smugmug gallery? and would a smugmug account be able to host that audio file.

thanks in advance

CookieMonster

Hi CookieMonster, welcome to Dgrin and SmugMug :)
    You sure can, by simply linking to the audio that you've got hosted on an external source. You use simple html links in your gallery description, for example.
  • dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2006
    hosting files
    Andy wrote:
    Hi CookieMonster, welcome to Dgrin and SmugMug :)
    You sure can, by simply linking to the audio that you've got hosted on an external source. You use simple html links in your gallery description, for example.

i got rid of my website because smugmug did what I needed. iloveyou.gif but... it would be nice if we could host some files here to complete the package. A pdf file, a wav file, a gps track log, a word file, whatever. these files would usally be much smaller than a single jpg file. give us a limit if that is what you are worried about.
  • Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2006
    This question comes up about once a month. I'll give the standard reply. Yes you can do it but you shouldn't. Having music start on a page is the one thing that makes me and many others hit the back button as fast as they can. Why drive viewers away?
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2006
    Mike Lane wrote:
    This question comes up about once a month. I'll give the standard reply. Yes you can do it but you shouldn't. Having music start on a page is the one thing that makes me and many others hit the back button as fast as they can. Why drive viewers away?

Did the O.P. say anything about music ne_nau.gif maybe, it's an audio file of a family history or a travelogue narrative mwink.gif