Options

Bridge sketch

leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
edited October 6, 2004 in Finishing School
I did an "environmental portrait" shoot tonight. Wasn't too happy with some of the photos....went to paint shop pro to see if I could make something of them. Here's one that I was pleased with. Used the "color sketch" action.

9478059-L.jpg

Gallery

Lee

Comments

• Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2004
    That's pretty cool! I wouldn't have thought to do that.

The "flying child" shot is so close to being fantastic, if only you were 5 feet to the right so he was against open sky! Easy for me to say in hindsight, I know. Great idea for a shot.thumb.gif

Did you shoot these in raw? The sun is pretty strong in some of them, don't know what can be done about that. I have that problem all the time, but don't have raw available so I'm a bit more handcuffed than you might be.
  • Options
    leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2004
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    That's pretty cool! I wouldn't have thought to do that.

More like an accidental discovery, a happy one.
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    The "flying child" shot is so close to being fantastic, if only you were 5 feet to the right so he was against open sky! Easy for me to say in hindsight, I know. Great idea for a shot.thumb.gif

Tell me about it. I knew there was strong light. I wanted to get some water into the shots....and told them to go to that spot and just hang out and have fun and I'd be across the pond shooting. I agree it would have been nicer to have the child against the sky, but he would have been thrown very high to clear the other trees too :)

The sky was completly blown out. I put in a sky from another photo and wasn't happy with my work....so I played around hoping to salvage the shot as basically I did like the composition.

Would have liked it much better with richer colors from an over cast sky, or a nice blue sky with a cloud in front of the sun :)
    Did you shoot these in raw? The sun is pretty strong in some of them, don't know what can be done about that. I have that problem all the time, but don't have raw available so I'm a bit more handcuffed than you might be.

Yes, I did shoot them in raw. Haven't installed the converter software yet. Not sure how much better I could do with them.

Lee