Options

kodak potd

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited October 6, 2004 in People
"peek-a-boo, i see you!"

9470900-L.jpg

this is a daughter of some very dear friends. i submitted it to kodak, and it was chosen to run on their website and the big board, today :D the dad works near times square, he's already planning on moving his cubicle out to the street for the day :lol3 and the mom was already going into the city today with her mom, for a broadway matinee, so serendipity strikes, they'll all get to see their little girl up in lights on broadway!

enjoy (surprising your friends) photography,

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2004
    andy wrote:
    "peek-a-boo, i see you!"

this is a daughter of some very dear friends. i submitted it to kodak, and it was chosen to run on their website and the big board, today :D the dad works near times square, he's already planning on moving his cubicle out to the street for the day lol3.gif and the mom was already going into the city today with her mom, for a broadway matinee, so serendipity strikes, they'll all get to see their little girl up in lights on broadway!

9470900-S.jpg

Isn't this a wonderful shot Andy... so much detail to look at. It's just perfect.. says it all for a child portrait. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif
    Andy... did you do much post on this?? It looks like you didn't but then it would.. come on fez up..:D
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2004
    thanks lynn, and re: post-p
    lynnma wrote:

Isn't this a wonderful shot Andy... so much detail to look at. It's just perfect.. says it all for a child portrait. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif
    Andy... did you do much post on this?? It looks like you didn't but then it would.. come on fez up..:D

i used only a bit of rgb curves to increase the contrast some, really a slight ess-curve, bring the shadows some and the highlights up just a snidge. that's it, otherwise it's the full frame, not a crop. total in-post about 2 mins.

cheers,
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2004
    HELP put Andy on Times Square, and
    It is a great shot, Andy, and congratulations! A lot of people are winners on this POTD.

I remember, I think, didn't you post that picture, like last week, or so. And it probably didn't get the attention that it deserved, in fact I know it didn't. There were a lot of "kid" shots going up at the time.

That one that was just "another" kid, well, it is a winner. I can see why it was chosen.

And, uh, Andy, maybe you could do a tutorial on pictures Kodak likes to get for POTD. I am thinking, considering your wife and this child that tight cropping looks very impressive on that big board.

Maybe I will tight crop my family in DC. Laughing.gif But I will be using jpeg there, just gotta. Wish I had one of those memory holders, too. (I am sure my hard drive is greatful that I don't have one, lol. I have been thinking of the shock to my computer's system when I use and upload 2 1 gb cards)

ginger

congrats again, Andy.

Oh what I wanted to say is that I think Andy should be on that board. Someone near and dear, please "shoot" him, one way or another, so that he is the one in lights over Times Square.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2004
    Congratulations, lovely shot, she's so cute! clap.gif
  • Options
    NikyNiky Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited October 6, 2004
    clap.gifclap.gif Wow what a wonderful photo! clap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2004
    Andy, I can visualize the moment with you and the little girl.

But which lens did you use?

g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited October 6, 2004
    WTG Andy!!! clap.gif

Another notch in your belt thumb.gif You're gonna need to get a new belt soon....lol A beautiful child (love the expression on her face) and an excellent capture. And as Ginger asked, what lens did you use?
    Congrats on another deserving winner clap.gif FWIW, If they (Kodak) weren't worried about people starting to call it the "Andy Williams POTD", they'd also pick your fisherman shot. You're problem is the opposite of most of our's. You've got too many great shots. A nice problem indeed ;-)

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2004
    lens used
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Andy, I can visualize the moment with you and the little girl.

But which lens did you use?

g

canon 28-135 i.s. at full zoom. iso 200, 1/30th sec, handheld, f/5.6

this is a great lens. i don't own it anymore, i sold it to dgrinner doctorit (erik)
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2004
    andy wrote:
    "peek-a-boo, i see you!"

9470900-S.jpg

this is a daughter of some very dear friends. i submitted it to kodak, and it was chosen to run on their website and the big board, today :D the dad works near times square, he's already planning on moving his cubicle out to the street for the day lol3.gif and the mom was already going into the city today with her mom, for a broadway matinee, so serendipity strikes, they'll all get to see their little girl up in lights on broadway!

Let me add my congratulations to the list. clap.gif

Sam