Samantha and friend

FrostFrost Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
edited March 13, 2006 in People
I was trying out a friend D100 with my Tamron 28-200 XR (IF) Zoom lens. it is one of the newer CPU style for automatic Nikon bodies. I'm contemplating buying a Nikon D50 to go along with my Fuji S9000, so wondered how well the lens performed on digital. Nikon D100s I've heard and read, are notorious for duller shots at normal 0 EV. I had to shoot at anywhere from +.7 EV to + 1.0 EV to keep from getting too dark of a picutre. This one was done in RAW and then converted in Adobe CS2. (now have *Smiling*). Is there a way to load Adobe RAW without all the "default" setting being checked?

Samantha just turned 12 the day before and she had a friend over to spend the night. I talked the 2 girls into letting me take their picture, as we have had such poor overcast days recently, and I wanted to test the lens in RAW mode. Seems to be a pretty good lens all in all.
Cheers!
Vern

Nikon D80 w/ Tamron 28-200 XR lens & Nikon 55-200VR, 4X5 Graphic View II, others
http://vernsdidj.com Didgeridoo site with links and pictures.

I started out in life with nothing, and I've managed to keep most of it.

Comments

• OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2006
    I would prefer to see this in portrait orientation. Watch your BG, there is something growing out of the girl in the blues head.
  • FrostFrost Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited March 13, 2006
    Portrait mode
    Owen wrote:
    I would prefer to see this in portrait orientation. Watch your BG, there is something growing out of the girl in the blues head.

Thanks about the Back ground. I hadn't noticed much until you brought it up. So I removed the mailbox, plant hanger (growing out of her head....acutally just behind her:): ) and one of the fence posts that was between the girls along with a tree branches right next to Samantha's friend, Rose. Made for 4 X 5. *S* (crop)

The composure was not really as important to me at this point as was the quality of the lens. If I were to get a Nikon D50 body I wanted to see how well the Tamron lens would do. *S*
    Cheers!
    Vern

Nikon D80 w/ Tamron 28-200 XR lens & Nikon 55-200VR, 4X5 Graphic View II, others

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2006
    i love both removed object in background is better lovely girls
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • arroyosharkarroyoshark Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2006
    Could also go back into photoshop and make layer mask of background and apply a little guassian blur to further bring out the foreground subjects.
    Available light is any damn light that's available -W. Eugene Smith
  • FrostFrost Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited March 13, 2006
    Could also go back into photoshop and make layer mask of background and apply a little guassian blur to further bring out the foreground subjects.

Sound like a good idea!! What's a mask?? *grin* I barely know how to use the clone stamp. Just installed this program 4 days ago. I'll learn with enough time though.:D
    Cheers!
    Vern

• arroyosharkarroyoshark Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2006
    Frost wrote:
    Sound like a good idea!! What's a mask?? *grin* I barely know how to use the clone stamp. Just installed this program 4 days ago. I'll learn with enough time though.:D

I hear ya Frost. A little over a year ago, I loaded Photoshop and just sat there staring at the screen wondering, "hell now what do I do?". I am now in my second semester long photoshop class at local community college and now I wonder, "now how in the hell do I do what the instructor just showed me yesterday". :cry

hang in there!
    Available light is any damn light that's available -W. Eugene Smith