grandpa's property

DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
edited March 13, 2006 in Holy Macro
okay, i went out to my grandpas property *30 acres* and he has this really old building there, roof caving in, windows broken, brick settling... everything that screams a contrasty B&W to be...:lust so i took advantage of the situation.

Inside:
59592149-L.jpg

the window from which i shot the above^:
59592158-L.jpg

C&C welcome

Daniel
Daniel Bauer
smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2006
    DanielB wrote:
    okay, i went out to my grandpas property *30 acres* and he has this really old building there, roof caving in, windows broken, brick settling... everything that screams a contrasty B&W to be...iloveyou.gif so i took advantage of the situation.

Very nice Daniel... Where does your grandfather live? If close, I might pay him a visit too. (Mind you, I live in UK)
    The first one really speaks to me. It would have spoken in color too, I love the moody atmosphere and the untold stories that I can sense there.
    Great job!
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2006
    Very nice, Daniel! What process do you use for B&W? Looks awesome. I love the old window and the brickwork. Looks like a promising site...how old is it??? thumb.gif
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    Very nice, Daniel! What process do you use for B&W? Looks awesome. I love the old window and the brickwork. Looks like a promising site...how old is it??? thumb.gif

thanks. i use the http://www.optikvervelabs.com/default.asp plug-inthumb.gif
    i did the 2nd one by myself though with the Channel mixer set no monochrome.
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2006
    B&w is effective loved it iloveyou.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2006
    Yeah, I'm with photocat on this one. The first image is killer. Love the mood, the shadows. If there had been just a little bit of dust/smoke in the air, this would have put the finishing touch on the image. And, I mean just a littttle bit. IMO it is way too easy to over do the dust in the air thing.

Really cool image.thumb.gif
  • AnnabellaAnnabella Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2006
    Excellent! Both are great images, I'm partial to the second shot... clap.gif Nice shooting Daniel!