American Idol?

JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
edited March 12, 2006 in People
Here is a shot I took of my daughter at a recent high school concert. They were singing songs from "Hair Spray". This was the first concert I shot with my 20D, and the first time I shot at ISO 1600. The 20D at ISO 1600 looks as good, if not better than my Digital Rebel did at ISO 400! I used my 70-200L F2.8 IS (hand held) with available stage lighting.....high school stage lighting.:D

59596972-L.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited March 12, 2006
    Jeff,

Spot-on exposure, great timing and beautiful daughter! It just looks great! I love this age we live in.

Thanks,

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 12, 2006
    watta great movie!-

excellent photo!-

beautiful daughter!-

george
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2006
    Nice job, with something I know can be very difficult. It has a yellow cast to it, and would benefit from getting rid of that, IMO.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 12, 2006
    yes, mr dto is right on-
    took yellow sat all the way down and the photo is a lot closer to color corrected, if not on it-

george
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2006
    Thanks...
    Hey thanks for the compliments. I tried the PS thing to remove the yellow tint....Better?ne_nau.gif

59631884-L.jpg

And I forgot to add that I shot this at 200mm, F2.8 @ 1/500 sec, with IS on. I wanted to see what ISO 1600 would let me do.
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2006
    To my eyes, it's a red cast, not a yellow cast. You can tell by the hair, which is meant to be brunette, I think?
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2006
    Owen wrote:
    To my eyes, it's a red cast, not a yellow cast. You can tell by the hair, which is meant to be brunette, I think?

You need to find something in the image that you could bet on, and the hair ain't it.

I used the metal railing on the floor behind her legs to get that it was yellow. If not neutral, it should be darn close to it.

EDIT: actually, the ribbed portion of the mic stand, where you tighten it is a better benchmark, IMO.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2006
    Actually I used the eyedropper in PS and clicked on the microphone, which is black, and made my adjustment that way. The second picture is pretty true to what it shoud be...on my monitor anyway.

Heck I like them both.....but then again, I'm the DAD!:D

Thanks for the input everyone!