Removing keywords

camblercambler Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
edited March 12, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I uploaded a whole bunch of photos and didn't set keywords on them. The file names, however, had "sat" and "sun" in them to note when the shot was taken. Now I have "sat" and "sun" as reasonably-large keywords.

Of course, that's just silly.

How do I remove those keywords? Is there a simple way, rather than going inot each and every gallery and setting keywords? That would be quite time consuming.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2006
    cambler wrote:
    I uploaded a whole bunch of photos and didn't set keywords on them. The file names, however, had "sat" and "sun" in them to note when the shot was taken. Now I have "sat" and "sun" as reasonably-large keywords.

Of course, that's just silly.

How do I remove those keywords? Is there a simple way, rather than going inot each and every gallery and setting keywords? That would be quite time consuming.

Sure - easy: Photo Tools>Edit Captions/Keywords (Bulk). Then choose "quick entry" & Empty in ALL Keywords - then preview, save. Voila they're gone...

http://www.smugmug.com/help/keywords-tags
  • camblercambler Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Sure - easy: Photo Tools>Edit Captions/Keywords (Bulk). Then choose "quick entry" & Empty in ALL Keywords - then preview, save. Voila they're gone...

http://www.smugmug.com/help/keywords-tags

Okay, that seems to have done it for the one gallery I was in.

I'd like to do it for every gallery without having to do the above steps for every gallery one after the other.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2006
    cambler wrote:

I'd like to do it for every gallery without having to do the above steps for every gallery one after the other.

I don't think there's a way around that...
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited March 12, 2006
    cambler wrote:

I'm sorry, there's not another way other than that.

All the best,
    edited March 12, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    I don't think there's a way around that...

I couldn't find it, either - and this was my original question. I know how to do bulk edits on a gallery-by-gallery basis.

What would have eliminated this problem would have been if there was a way to upload pictures and NOT have the system guess keywords based on file name. Because, at least the way I name files, it's never going to be right.

So count this as TWO issues:

1. I'd like to be able to bulk-edit keywords across my whole site. All galleries.

2. I'd like to disable to keyword generation logic on upload, please.
    edited March 12, 2006
    cambler wrote:
    I couldn't find it, either - and this was my original question. I know how to do bulk edits on a gallery-by-gallery basis.

What would have eliminated this problem would have been if there was a way to upload pictures and NOT have the system guess keywords based on file name. Because, at least the way I name files, it's never going to be right.

So count this as TWO issues:

1. I'd like to be able to bulk-edit keywords across my whole site. All galleries.

Hi cambler, allow me to introduce you to the features request thread:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=23482

Please make your request there, and we'll consider it!

All the best,
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2006
    cambler wrote:

Put it here.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited March 12, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi cambler, allow me to introduce you to the features request thread:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=23482

Please make your request there, and we'll consider it!

All the best,

Thanks. I think I'll go learn how to read so I can see that that's where to put feature requests :-)
    edited March 12, 2006
    cambler wrote:
    Thanks. I think I'll go learn how to read so I can see that that's where to put feature requests :-)

lol3.gif Don't get upset, please - it's just that there is the one place where we keep all these requests... thanks!
    edited March 12, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    lol3.gif Don't get upset, please - it's just that there is the one place where we keep all these requests... thanks!

Only upset at myself for forgetting that there's a place for that. Yesterday's competition was in Portland and I'm in Seattle - it was 3am by the time we got back, and I've not caught up on sleep yet!