Man outside McDonald's

ZygoteZygote Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
edited March 16, 2006 in People
A man that often sits outside a McDonald's in our city. I find it very uncomfortable taking pictures in public like this even though he said it was ok. So these two was taken very quickly because i felt people staring funnily.

60110837-L.jpg

59702249-L.jpg

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2006
    You know, I've found it very tempting to take shots of street people. Their faces are full of character. Like you, I usually don't, for two reasons: first, they'll chase me for money; and second, I really feel like I'm taking advantage of them.

That being said, I sure wish I could see his face in your shots - that's where the power comes from.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • BrettBrett Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2006
    I really find the first shot powerfull, just how he looks tired and withered, just looks to me like he's sick of it all but keeps going. Hard to explain but a great set.
    Challenge 26 Winner "In Your House" :deal
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    You know, I've found it very tempting to take shots of street people. Their faces are full of character. Like you, I usually don't, for two reasons: first, they'll chase me for money; and second, I really feel like I'm taking advantage of them.

That being said, I sure wish I could see his face in your shots - that's where the power comes from.

So why not give them a modeling fee?
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    So why not give them a modeling fee?

right on!
  • ZygoteZygote Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2006
    Agreed, wxwax. Thanks, Brett :)