Baptism Poster 3/12/2006

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited March 15, 2006 in People
Gotta Love these kids! "Point/Couner-point"

Comments, etc, welcome, ginger

59709880-L.jpg
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 14, 2006
    ginger-

what did you say to the boy?!?!

need some symmetry-

size the two pics on the left where, with the space inbetween, they are the same size as the one on the right-

left and right margin need to be equal-

get the dad's head in if you can-

run the footer all the way across-

EDE FAMILY BAPTISM 12 MARCH 2006
    STELLA MARIS CATHOLIC CHURCH

don't forget to capitalize church-

maybe some gray for the background and something like a white or black border--

at least, those are my suggestions-

best
    george
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2006
    Hi, George, Thanks for commenting!

I will keep your suggestions in mind in case I ever do this stuff for money or anything. As it is, you all, and the church "secretary" are my only intended audience. I will give these people a copy if I can find them, but I have long ago given up any hope of ever selling a print of a baptism photo. Often the people cannot be found.

I just got a chuckle out of that boy and rather than present it here in two separate photos, I threw this together.

But your suggestions could be very helpful!

Thanks,

ginger
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2006
    If not doing what gefillmore said or you could do something like this
    60014970-M.jpg

But even out the margins on the right side with the left. I just tried to go it quickly.

But I like your font much better. Exactly what font did you use?
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2006
    Thanks, b'ham!

I usually use Georgia, often in lower case. But I lower the opacity to between 60 and 80, I eye ball it. The book, Kelby's book, suggested 60%.

I sometimes send these as an e-mail to people. 60 is very hard to read on an e-mail. Actually just about anything is, but sometimes 60 is lighter than others even with always using "black".

Smile, ginger (I just made things up as I went along, at first I didn't think I had room to write anything. I do like your design.) On the head cut off. For some reason, don't remember why, I had to take some off: that was originally a horizontal. I worked up a vertical with all of the head for the church bulletin board. Don't know why I had to take more off here. I took a bit off of the kids, but didn't want to go further, so I went for the head. But I often take the tops off of heads, and I see it done all the time, so............ I did send it to the church. They won't use it, they only want one shot, strict "restrictions". All families must look alike so as not to slight anyone, smile.

Thanks again!