Options

Eye-One Match 3.6

Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
edited March 13, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
GretagMacbeth has released Eye-One Match 3.6 for Windows and Mac. The changes are listed in the Read Me.

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2006
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    GretagMacbeth has released Eye-One Match 3.6 for Windows and Mac. The changes are listed in the Read Me.
    thumb.gif

Thanks! I finally learned how to manually operate the Eye One Display and the results were great. Updating the software made a huge difference, so this new update is welcome news.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    thumb.gif

Thanks! I finally learned how to manually operate the Eye One Display and the results were great. Updating the software made a huge difference, so this new update is welcome news.

I just updated the other day.....now I'll have to do it again.yelrotflmao.gif

One thing I read in the release notes was you could view a before and after calibration shot to see the difference!
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2006
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    I just updated the other day.....now I'll have to do it again.yelrotflmao.gif

One thing I read in the release notes was you could view a before and after calibration shot to see the difference!
    Yeah, I saw that. Very cool.

There's another new feature that makes me queasy - being able to measure the ambient light. I realize it's a passive thing... but in IMHO that's where the Huey gets into trouble. It tries to compensate for ambient light conditions, and do so very poorly.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    Yeah, I saw that. Very cool.

There's another new feature that makes me queasy - being able to measure the ambient light. I realize it's a passive thing... but in IMHO that's where the Huey gets into trouble. It tries to compensate for ambient light conditions, and do so very poorly.

I just profiled my old 18.1" LCD which had been previously profiled using the easy mode. Having the ability to toggle between the before and after really lets you know with a higher degree of certainty that you've actually done something correctly. The difference was quite noticeable.
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2006
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    I just profiled my old 18.1" LCD which had been previously profiled using the easy mode. Having the ability to toggle between the before and after really lets you know with a higher degree of certainty that you've actually done something correctly. The difference was quite noticeable.
    nod.gif I tried the automatic mode a few weeks ago, and I knew it wasn't quite right. Nothing like rolling up your sleeves and doing it the right way. The whole kelvin, gamma and luminance thing scared me, made me put it off for a long time.

One thing threw me off: on my CD the instructions recommend setting a Kelvin of 5000. As I discovered, that's insanely warm. That's what made me ask around here and poke around the internet, and finally settle on 6500.
    Sid.