Options

My BG-E2 arrived!

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited March 13, 2006 in Accessories
After much consideratoin I finally decided on a vertical grip for my 20D. I got it from Sigma4Less at $154 + s/h (I opted for $11 3 day delivery, although there was also $4.50 one).
I guess with this grip and 5 batteries I'm not gonna run out of juice any time soon:-):clap
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2006
    please tell us if you get any errors with it. i've read that the 20d's battery grip is very problematic. i don't know if canon has resolved this problem or not.

i have a grip on my drebel, and i've been craving one for my 20d, but i've been very skeptical of the quality. i would say that about half of my shooting (maybe more) is vertical, so it would probably be useful, but i haven't had any problems without it. the extra battery life isnt crucial to me, but of course it's useful.
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2006
    I most certainly will...
    But hopefully you won't hear from me on the subject - I don't like errors:-)
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2006
    Ah, the grip, yes, it is marvellous, yet I loved the BG-E3 a bit more. I've found last week that the BG-E2 in cold weather can be a bother :( I've tried 1 battery and it kept failing time and time again. When I removed the grip I shot the entire vacation with the battery (about 400 shots)

Scotland in winter and BG-E2..... Not the best combination in the world....

Otherwise it is a great addition to the 20D! The vertical shutter is nothing but bliss :D
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2006
    Hey Michiel
    Ah, the grip, yes, it is marvellous, yet I loved the BG-E3 a bit more. I've found last week that the BG-E2 in cold weather can be a bother :( I've tried 1 battery and it kept failing time and time again. When I removed the grip I shot the entire vacation with the battery (about 400 shots)

Scotland in winter and BG-E2..... Not the best combination in the world....

Otherwise it is a great addition to the 20D! The vertical shutter is nothing but bliss :D

But where are those Scotland piccies?mwink.gif

My primary reason for grip is two-battery deal. I never had a V-grip on any of my previous cameras before, so I guess I'll have to learn how to use/love it:-) Hopefully it's gonna be natural.
    And I *do* like the "looks". :): I think I'll start charging 20% more just for the looksrolleyes1.gif