This weekends rugby action

gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
edited March 17, 2006 in Sports
I only had chance to shoot the first 10 minutes of the match, i tried raw for the first time and had perameters set on 2 should i have had it set on adobe rgb ?

59582768-M.jpg

59583624-M.jpg

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited March 15, 2006
    Nice action Gary thumb.gif

No, do not convert to Adobe RGB. Use sRGB.

One of the advantages to using RAW is that you can do two, or more, conversions of the same image and blend them. For example, in your first shot some of the skin areas are blown out (or close to it). You could do one conversion for those bright skintones and another for the pitch and their uniforms. Add one conversion as a layer, enable "Layer Mask" and erase the parts that need erasing.

Your second pic looks sort of flat. If you brighten it a little and apply some curves, I think you will be more pleased with how it looks ne_nau.gif

I know you get tired of hearing from me Gary rolleyes1.gif I do apologize. But, I'm not going to let any posts in this forum go unaswered if I can help it. Hopefully with this bump, you'll get more comments :D

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2006
    Nice action Gary thumb.gif

No, do not convert to Adobe RGB. Use sRGB.

One of the advantages to using RAW is that you can do two, or more, conversions of the same image and blend them. For example, in your first shot some of the skin areas are blown out (or close to it). You could do one conversion for those bright skintones and another for the pitch and their uniforms. Add one conversion as a layer, enable "Layer Mask" and erase the parts that need erasing.

Your second pic looks sort of flat. If you brighten it a little and apply some curves, I think you will be more pleased with how it looks ne_nau.gif

I know you get tired of hearing from me Gary rolleyes1.gif I do apologize. But, I'm not going to let any posts in this forum go unaswered if I can help it. Hopefully with this bump, you'll get more comments :D

Steve

Thank's Steve
    I don't get tired all good advicethumb.gif
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2006
    Again, nice action Gary! thumb.gif
  • gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    Again, nice action Gary! thumb.gif

Thank's Saurora