Options

Stock Photo Question...

GatorGator Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
edited March 15, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
I'm considering using a stock photo site, for the downloads I've been asked for. I have looked at a few but, don't know that much about them. Any of you out there have some experience with this end of the business that would be willing to share some advice, tips, etc... Which ones are the best to use, easiest to use, who is just the most awful...

Thanks for any help offered.

Comments

• Options
    GatorGator Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2006
    What the hell? 24 hours, 28 views and nobody has anything to say? Not anybody? Whatever...forget it.

Thanks anyway.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2006
    Gator, I have no knowledge on the subject. I have wondered the same thing. The one time I looked into it, it appeared that the really good stock photo places would require a lot of work and commitment on my part, I forget why.

There are some online that look good, but they pay so little, I would just do them to talk. And I can talk to you all.

You are right on the "slow talk" lately.

I had an orphan for over a day and got one comment, finally. I am busy with my stuff. Maybe we are each too busy with our stuff to comment on other people's stuff.

ginger (I posted photos on Nature, two diff threads this AM. My real orphan is on People and is Baptism Poster. I liked it!)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2006
    Not enough information
    Gator wrote:
    I'm considering using a stock photo site, for the downloads I've been asked for. I have looked at a few but, don't know that much about them. Any of you out there have some experience with this end of the business that would be willing to share some advice, tips, etc... Which ones are the best to use, easiest to use, who is just the most awful...

Thanks for any help offered.

What photo sites are you thinking about?

Who is asking for downloads? Why don't you handle it yourself?

Major stock sites like Getty?, or micro stock sites like Shutterstock, Big Stock Photo, etc?

More info and then someone might be able to answer your question... and have some patience!:):
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2006
    You have a lot to learn
    Wow Gator, you waited a whole day before flying off in a petulant rage? I am impressed. Next time, you can look even more foolish if you wait a shorter amount of time. Try posting and then only waiting an hour before demanding satisfaction.

Looks like you are doomed to a life of learning things the hard way. Have fun with that.

What's that? you don't want to learn the hard way?!?! Well why not ask nicely for someone to help you and then wait for them to do so. People who have the experience you are looking for don't always check the boards on a schedule that matches your needs.

But since you are no longer interested in this subject (you sure give up easy) I am going to close this thread.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
This discussion has been closed.