Sales Report

bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
edited June 6, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Is there currently or will there be in the future a way to somehow alter the sales report that you show so it won't take forever to load. Maybe show current month but can go back to previous months kinda like the traffic report.

Maybe on the control panel page you have profit to date and sales to date. Maybe adding profit this month, sales this month. Also add for year.

Logged in with a cable connection at midday when my uploads are flying it took over 5 minutes for my sales to come up on clicking on sales details from the control panel. And then I clicked download and it took almost 10 minutes before the open or save option came up. Not having to download the entire report from over a year of sales for tons of images sure would help.
"A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2006
    bham wrote:
    Is there currently or will there be in the future a way to somehow alter the sales report that you show so it won't take forever to load. Maybe show current month but can go back to previous months kinda like the traffic report.

Maybe on the control panel page you have profit to date and sales to date. Maybe adding profit this month, sales this month. Also add for year.

Logged in with a cable connection at midday when my uploads are flying it took over 5 minutes for my sales to come up on clicking on sales details from the control panel. And then I clicked download and it took almost 10 minutes before the open or save option came up. Not having to download the entire report from over a year of sales for tons of images sure would help.

This has been requested in the Features Request thread, thanks. It's been noted- no promises on if/when but it does make sense what you're asking.
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    This has been requested in the Features Request thread, thanks. It's been noted- no promises on if/when but it does make sense what you're asking.

Thanksclap.gif good to know at least it is on the possible new feature. I would think it would also make it easier for the servers to look up less info from the database. Especially into the future as customers sales grow and grow and grow, having to pull up the entire list every time just makes me want to headscratch.gif.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • SilkyoneSilkyone Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 5, 2006
    Still wating on this request.

Also would like to be able to print out a report based on a date range and by gallery without having to download entire report of every sale and then sort through it.

C'mon, these are simple requests!!!

I'm not grinnin......
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2006
    Silkyone wrote:
    Still wating on this request.

Also would like to be able to print out a report based on a date range and by gallery without having to download entire report of every sale and then sort through it.

C'mon, these are simple requests!!!

I'm not grinnin......

Have you tried http://www.smugtools.com/

and

www.starexplorer.com ?

wave.gif