Problem with print size ordered vs original image size

mrmatticusmrmatticus Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited March 14, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hi,
I have a problem that I tried to resolve myself - oops, first mistake.

A customer ordered an 8X10 print of an image (order #105338) I had cropped square. The arms of their little soccer player will surely be cut off.

My solution: As soon as I noticed it, 10+ hrs after the order was placed, I deleted the image from the gallery and uploaded the full, un-cropped version with the same file name (IMG_9572.jpg) to the same gallery (Red Hots v Catz). However, now the preview/thumbnail has disappeared from the control panel, order detail, screen.

What will happen now and/or is there a way to resolve this before the bad print ships?

Thanks in advance,
Matt
www.lookaroundmedia.smugmug.com

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2006
    mrmatticus wrote:
    Hi,
    I have a problem that I tried to resolve myself - oops, first mistake.

A customer ordered an 8X10 print of an image (order #105338) I had cropped square. The arms of their little soccer player will surely be cut off.

My solution: As soon as I noticed it, 10+ hrs after the order was placed, I deleted the image from the gallery and uploaded the full, un-cropped version with the same file name (IMG_9572.jpg) to the same gallery (Red Hots v Catz). However, now the preview/thumbnail has disappeared from the control panel, order detail, screen.

What will happen now and/or is there a way to resolve this before the bad print ships?

Thanks in advance,
    Matt
    www.lookaroundmedia.smugmug.com

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately, you're too late, and the order has been printed and shipped already. You can delete from your gallery a minute after ordering, it doesn't matter - we've transmitted the image and the order already to ezprints.

No worries, though - SmugMug Guarantee to the rescue! We'll gladly reprint at no charge, to you or your customer. Simply send us an email to help@smugmug.com and give me a link to the new file, and we'll order up a fresh print straight away. Send it attn: Andy.

Happy to help!
    BTW, the arms aren't cut off, becuase your customer chose "no crop" :D so they'll get a usable print, but will need to cut the edges.. here's a screen grab of what the cart looked like:
  • mrmatticusmrmatticus Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 14, 2006
    Thanks Andy!
    Andy,

I think I'll just let it fly. In my haste, I didn't notice they had selected "no crop." They will probably receive exactly what they are expecting.

Best regards,
    Matt
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2006
    mrmatticus wrote:
    Andy,

I think I'll just let it fly. In my haste, I didn't notice they had selected "no crop." They will probably receive exactly what they are expecting.

Best regards,
    Matt

OK - and just FYI in the future- always email help@smugmug.com with these sorts of things, if there's a *chance* to catch an order before it's printed, that's the best way.

wave.gif