"user_" vs. inline?

shauncoshaunco Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited March 16, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I am trying to setup my smugmug page and I see that most other users seem to have /includes/css/user_<username>.css and /includes/js/user_<username>.js files, where as all of my CSS and JS customization seems to go inline in the page (in <style> and <script> blocks)...

Why is this? I have a "Power User" account, which from the marketing materials, has the same customization features as the pro accounts ("Complete")...

-Shaun

Comments

• Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2006
    shaunco wrote:
    I am trying to setup my smugmug page and I see that most other users seem to have /includes/css/user_<username>.css and /includes/js/user_<username>.js files, where as all of my CSS and JS customization seems to go inline in the page (in <style> and <script> blocks)...

Why is this? I have a "Power User" account, which from the marketing materials, has the same customization features as the pro accounts ("Complete")...

-Shaun
    What happens is that the CSS is initially an inline file and then gets converted to an external stylesheet in about 10 minutes. This is to overcome some kind of caching issue that IE has. If you wait a bit you'll see that your CSS becomes external automagically. The same thing also happens with a theme's CSS.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and it happens with javascript too.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • shauncoshaunco Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited March 16, 2006
    Ah! Thanks!

-Shaun