Options

Fishwrap

fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited March 16, 2004 in The Big Picture
A repository for random fish stuff.
"Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson

Comments

• Options
    edited January 28, 2004
    /
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2004
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 29, 2004
    fish wrote:
    A repository for random fish stuff.
    Is there anything in that top one or is my monitor too dark?
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:

artist.gif That's art, you philistine! rolleyes1.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    artist.gif That's art, you philistine! rolleyes1.gif
    Oh boy, does that mean I can call him "ficasso" now???
    Erik

• Options
    edited January 29, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Your monitor is too dark or doesn't have enough contrast. The frame is entirely filled with almond wood smoke.
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2004
    .2196034-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Your monitor is too dark or doesn't have enough contrast.

Gosh, another one?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Gosh, another one?

Can you see me now?
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2004
    Patchy, we ought to post that contrast chart in a sticky somewhere, along with a post on how to set up your monitor for maximum viewing pleasure.

gotta work on my flash DOF skills :lol
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2004
    patch29 wrote:
    Can you see me now?

:nono Not even when contrast and brightness are pushed all the way to the max. I can see all but the last three black stripes if I keep brightness at max setting. Unfortunately, my skin starts to peel off and my eyeballs burst.

It might just be possible that there are a lot of crappy monitors out there. Just maybe.
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    :nono Not even when contrast and brightness are pushed all the way to the max. I can see all but the last three black stripes if I keep brightness at max setting. Unfortunately, my skin starts to peel off and my eyeballs burst.

It might just be possible that there are a lot of crappy monitors out there. Just maybe.

geez waxy, your monitor really must be hosed bad. Fishwife has a nasty old Dell (sony) trinitron that needs to be replaced...it's super yellow and she's getting gun arcs, but I can discern the difference on that POS.

I recommend you buy a new monitor before buying a new camera :)
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2004
    wood...duh.

1699532-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2004
    fish wrote:
    geez waxy, your monitor really must be hosed bad. Fishwife has a nasty old Dell (sony) trinitron that needs to be replaced...it's super yellow and she's getting gun arcs, but I can discern the difference on that POS.

I recommend you buy a new monitor before buying a new camera :)

nod.gif Lacie Electron Blue 22". I'm breaking a personal rule and haunting eBay.
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    nod.gif Lacie Electron Blue 22". I'm breaking a personal rule and haunting eBay.

So did you buy one yet?
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2004
    So do i need a new monitor as well....fish dont you be %$#ing me.
  • Options
    edited January 31, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    You found the smoke! :)
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2004
    fish wrote:
    So did you buy one yet?

Nah, waiting for the current auctions to cycle through. I missed a good deal last week, but it was too early to bid, I was still evaluating the field. Now I have a better idea of what I can expect to pay, and will wait for a new crop of monitors to go on sale.
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2004
    Humungus wrote:

Ah, that's what I supposed to see. Thanks for posting that. thumb.gif

These artists. artist.gif
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2004
    Fishgirl2303709-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2004
    just cuz
  • Options
    LoadedagainLoadedagain Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited February 11, 2004
    patch29 wrote:
    Can you see me now?
    come again?
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2004
    come again?
    as many times as possible.mwink.gif

so post some pics of that baby of yours (but not in this thread).
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2004
    At some you must get tired of shooting that poor bottle of beer. Try something creative with it.
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    At some you must get tired of shooting that poor bottle of beer. Try something creative with it.
    notice the fine bokeh?
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2004
    fish wrote:
    notice the fine bokeh?

What, with my dark monitor? rolleyes1.gif
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    How 'bout creative use of barrel distortion?

2242284-M.jpg
    Erik

• Options
    edited February 12, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    How 'bout creative use of barrel distortion?
    I like it. How did you do it? Filter?
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2004
    17002-M-1.jpg.
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2004
    origami claws