Leggy Lauren

OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
edited March 18, 2006 in People
leggyla2post.jpg
20D, 18-55 f/4-5.6, 1/250, f/18, ISO 100, tonight about 2 hours ago.

Lovely Lauren. :lust

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 16, 2006
    leggy, yes-

pretty, definitely!-

thanks for posting-

george
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2006
    As always, great shot!

I like the pose and the lighting... doesn't hurt that she's got great legs either!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2006
    you've got the skill. nice job. bit busy surroundings tho....empty school hallway would have worked too. house makes it intimate tho.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2006
    Great shot!
    Owen wrote:
    20D, 18-55 f/4-5.6, 1/250, f/18, ISO 100, tonight about 2 hours ago.

Lovely Lauren. iloveyou.gif

Lovely, indeed!iloveyou.gif
    Great lighting! Very nice angle!
    Face a bit blown up to my taste, but that might be just me headscratch.gif
    Oh, and did I say that I just *love* the model mwink.gif ?
    Keep them coming!thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2006
    very nice shot. great legs. i'd love to see like a 3/4 angle shot of her.
    i find the pose to be uncomfortable, but i kinda like the combination of the leg and the arm perpendicular to the wall.

what'd you use to light this?

i would love to see more.
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2006
    Hey Barry et all,

Thanks for the comments. I know the pose is awkward - she mentioned it a few times - but we were copying a picture that her agent wanted us to shoot to show off her legs to an Asian scout.

I used two AB800s to light it, one with a 7" reflector dome from camera right and a softbox on the other camera left. Hence the harsh shadow on the wall but the minimal shadows on her face! I LOVE the new camera. My lenses arrived today - 24-70 f/2.8 and 70-200 f/2.8. I can't wait to start shooting, they are so solid (heavy) and feel oh-so-powerful. I have a bunch of shoots coming up so I better get used to this camera! :)

Thanks again,

Owen
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    it's a credit to you that I'd didn't even notice all the work that went on behind the scenes with the lighting, but your description gives me a good insight.
    I would say though, that the lighting highlight her face rather than emphasise the legs, although the pose does show off the legs.
    Owen wrote:
    Hey Barry et all,

Thanks for the comments. I know the pose is awkward - she mentioned it a few times - but we were copying a picture that her agent wanted us to shoot to show off her legs to an Asian scout.

I used two AB800s to light it, one with a 7" reflector dome from camera right and a softbox on the other camera left. Hence the harsh shadow on the wall but the minimal shadows on her face! I LOVE the new camera. My lenses arrived today - 24-70 f/2.8 and 70-200 f/2.8. I can't wait to start shooting, they are so solid (heavy) and feel oh-so-powerful. I have a bunch of shoots coming up so I better get used to this camera! :)

Thanks again,

Owen
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • GiselleGiselle Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    let me start with a disclaimer, i don't know diddly, your work is difinitely better than mine, with that said, I agree with adrian - i see the face first
    i would like to see her with her on the ground and legs up on the wall, kinda like old style boudoir or if the hall is not too wide wedge her against the wall with her back holding her up on one side and heels holding her up on the other, i don't know...she has such a young innocent looking face and legs made for sin, i would like to see something that shows off that contradiction more
    Giselle
  • ShannonWShannonW Registered Users Posts: 248 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    She is a great model, I like the pose and lighting. I think a better background or having a greater DOF would make this a winning shot for me anyway.
  • JamokeJamoke Registered Users Posts: 257 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    Angles
    I think the angles in this picture are slightly distracting. Beautiful Model, Leggy Yes. But the doorway behind her; I found the ceiling a little distracting, I know why it is skewed, and the floor was skewed the same way, but I liked where the baseboards were cut off, and where the ceiling is cut off. I think the skew is slighly distracting. Loved the picture, but I found something to nit-pick.
    Mine: Canon 20D, 50 f1.8 II, 28-105 II, 70-200 f2.8L, T 70-300 Macro, T 2X expander, 12-24 Sigma
    Hers: Sony SR10, (Soon Canon 5D MKII), 85 f1.8, 28-135 USM, Stroboframe, Manfrotto NeoTec
    Ours: Pair of 580 EX, Lensbaby, Studio Alien Bees, Son & TWO Daughters
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    I wanna' move to Canada clap.gifiloveyou.gif

Anyway, hah, cool shot. I like the way you placed your flash on her left side, causing it to not only hit her left side, but also bouncing off the wall to properly light up her right. Also I like the lines being made by the door behind her and the walls as well as the picture frame on the right. To me, it all works together. And heck, her being hot makes the photo hot too.mwink.gif
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    Hi Shannon,

It's hard to throw out your background using studio strobes, considering the amount of light. f/4 or f/2.8 just wasn't a possibility in the small space.

Owen
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    Come on Owen... we are all dying to see more from this shoot.... the suspense is killing us!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    adrian_k wrote:
    although the pose does show off the legs.

i meant to say that as well. she has good legs, but that pose doesn't do them justice. as i said before, i think her on a 3/4 angle might show off her legs a lot better.

i want to see more!!!!
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    binghott wrote:
    i meant to say that as well. she has good legs, but that pose doesn't do them justice. as i said before, i think her on a 3/4 angle might show off her legs a lot better.

i want to see more!!!!

pervert. umph.gif

ahh what the heck, I agree! thumb.gif
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    binghott wrote:
    i

i want to see more!!!!

I think that's what makes this shot a winner. It leaves you *wanting* more. The legs look great and her expression is inviting. The pose may be awkward but I think the geometry hightens her figure.

Erich