Flower bits

Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
edited March 18, 2006 in Holy Macro
Following on from Thomas's flower anatomy pics- I've recently been doing some similar shots myself. These are all taken at 3.4:1 which gives a max uncropped FOV width or height of 7mm. All the pics have been focus stacked with between 2 to 5 shots for each pic.
Brian V.

Exposed Ovary of a cyclamen flower- thought it looked like a raspberry Pavlova gone mad.

113247316_7ac19a6c60_o.jpg

For those that can view them a poke you in the eye cross-eye stereogram of a cyclamen ovary (pity I didn't get the tip in focus)

112927399_32b128c15b_o.jpg

Crocus anthers taken in situ using my bean pole support

112927398_e48258b6f0_o.jpg

very tip of an opening rhodadendron flower the FOV width is 4.5mm- you can see the cells that make up the petals. This again was using my bean pole support but there is slight camera shake evident.

112462426_91ed669c1a_o.jpg

Comments

• ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    Amazin' Brian! Looks like close ups of stuff from the Food TV network:-)

Are your cyclamens the oustide variety?
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    As usual, gorgeous pictures !:): thumb.gif
    Regards
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    Thusie wrote:
    Amazin' Brian! Looks like close ups of stuff from the Food TV network:-)

Are your cyclamens the oustide variety?
    Thanks Thusie,
    No the cyclamen is a much neglected pot plant in my cool greenhouse.
    Brian V
    edited March 17, 2006
    As usual, gorgeous pictures !:): thumb.gif
    Regards
    Thanks Antonio :)
    Brian V.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    Wow what a magnification weldone thanks for sharing
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited March 17, 2006
    Wow what a magnification weldone thanks for sharing
    Thanks Awais for looking and commenting- always appreciated.
    Brian V.
  • tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    LV, these are great. I think I am going to have to get into the focus stacking thing. The DOF at the higher ratios is crazy small without stacking. Keep up the good work, you are keeping the bar very high.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
    edited March 17, 2006
    tmlphoto wrote:
    LV, these are great. I think I am going to have to get into the focus stacking thing. The DOF at the higher ratios is crazy small without stacking. Keep up the good work, you are keeping the bar very high.
    Thanks Thomas :)
    You are right the dof is a bit narrow- I find it fairly essential to focus stack at higher mags especially if I want to do 3-D shots.
    Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    Desert???
    Following on from Thomas's flower anatomy pics- I've recently been doing some similar shots myself. These are all taken at 3.4:1 which gives a max uncropped FOV width or height of 7mm. All the pics have been focus stacked with between 2 to 5 shots for each pic.
    Brian V.

Exposed Ovary of a cyclamen flower- thought it looked like a raspberry Pavlova gone mad.

For those that can view them a poke you in the eye cross-eye stereogram of a cyclamen ovary (pity I didn't get the tip in focus)
    Crocus anthers taken in situ using my bean pole support
    very tip of an opening rhodadendron flower the FOV width is 4.5mm- you can see the cells that make up the petals. This again was using my bean pole support but there is slight camera shake evident.

Hi Brian.......your flowers look like beautiful deserts and should be served with creamy ice-cream and a dolop of Tasmainian Pure Cream iloveyou.gif
    They soooooo look like food they really do ...... beautiful work as per usual from you :D Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin