Bike Jump

winnjewettwinnjewett Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
edited March 18, 2006 in Sports
Hand held multiple exposure photo. The photos were aligned with ptAssembler, and blended manually in PS.
Stepdown-Bike-Jump.jpg

Comments

• galaxycowpokegalaxycowpoke Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    Nice!

I've always wanted to try something like this.

I would like this one better with only the first three "riders" showing.
  • CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    I must agree too many on the ground. loses impact. But great job blending
  • Aaron BernardAaron Bernard Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    Looks killer. can you go over the process a little? Ive got some motocross coming up that might be cool like this.
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    Thats pretty cool WJ thumb.gif I left home at 4am this morning to shoot this stuff for the 1st time ever.

There is no way you could have told me how fast they go downhill eek7.gif They easily hit 60kph (45 mph) in sections. I rode enduros for years & no motorcross bike ever built could have kept up to them. They are insane.
  • winnjewettwinnjewett Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    FastScan wrote:
    Looks killer. can you go over the process a little? Ive got some motocross coming up that might be cool like this.

Thanks.

The process is relatively simple. I hand held the camera, and took 12 shots (the most my olympus can handle) of the biker.

Since the shots were hand held, I needed to align them all. I did this using ptAssembler. I placed control points for each frame onto the background so that it all lined up perfectly.

After processing, I brought the shots in as layers in ps. I then blended the biker layers as by applying a layer mask. This allowed me to control with fine detail things like the back tire on the third frame.

-Winn
  • winnjewettwinnjewett Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    CookieS wrote:
    I must agree too many on the ground. loses impact. But great job blending

Thanks for the compliment. I have already taken two bikers out of the bottom section, but I think I agree with you and Saxon that there are still too many. Thanks for the advise.

-winn
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    That is so neat! What an excellent job blending. I agree with others I would like to see only 3 or so riders, but the outcome is still awesome! I'm bookmarking this one. What a cool gift idea for a kid in sports! thumb.gif