CH. 60 Peppers

AlonerAloner Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
edited March 18, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
This is my first try for a challenge, I was walking arround in a grocery store and saw these peppers and thought they looked interesting (the people in there must have thought I was crazy though :rolleyes). Any suggestions for PP or do you even think it's worth entering?

EXIF
Camera Model- NIKON D50
Focal Length- 18mm
F-Number- F/4.5
Shutter Speed- 1/80 sec
Date- 3/13/2006 4:02 PM

Comments

• TomaSTomaS Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    It's a nice shot, colorful and interesting composition. The color cast and background are pretty distracting to me though. Both fixable in PP.
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2006
    Aloner wrote:
    This is my first try for a challenge, I was walking arround in a grocery store and saw these peppers and thought they looked interesting (the people in there must have thought I was crazy though rolleyes1.gif). Any suggestions for PP or do you even think it's worth entering?

You call it Peppers, but my eye, and my wifes eye, was drawn to the squash in the basket. Maybe a diifert focal point?

Lots of color, but probably does need some color work.

Gotta enter to win though!thumb.gif
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • AlonerAloner Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    ok, this is my last attempt at the Peppers theme. I tried something different in PP (well, not really, i didn't do anything) this is just a crop and slight brightness correction. Are the colours any better in this shot (should i try that with other shot or is this one better?) I can't really trust my monitor for correct colour because it's a 3 year old piece of horse dung!

Thanks for your imput so far thumb.gif
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2006
    Aloner wrote:
    ok, this is my last attempt at the Peppers theme. I tried something different in PP (well, not really, i didn't do anything) this is just a crop and slight brightness correction. Are the colours any better in this shot (should i try that with other shot or is this one better?) I can't really trust my monitor for correct colour because it's a 3 year old piece of horse dung!

Thanks for your imput so far thumb.gif

I love peppers iloveyou.gif
    But I think the ones you're taking photos of aren't very interesting.
    I'm sure you can buy a bunch of fruits (that you will eat of course),
    take them home and then compose a little scene at home with them.

Here's an idea before the turn-in date on Monday that will work your mind, how about a portrait that shows a fruit/vegetable's point of view. I'm sure you can get really creative with that idea! Good luck! thumb.gif