Cname question

2»

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2006
    mallison wrote:
    Apologies, www.AllisonsImages.com

-Mark

Mark, you have "hide owner" turned on in your gallery. Turn that to "no" and you'll be all set. Hide owner does just what the name says deal.gif
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2006
    having my cake and eating it too
    Thanks, Andy.

I had the A Record in there, just didn't have the proper IP address, so I changed it. I'll give it a couple days to update and see if it works. In the meantime, the CNAME stuff still works as long as the "www" is typed, so that's cool.

I'm starting to see why Mike likes dreamhost... godaddy doesn't exactly make this process axiomatic (and as far as I can tell only lets you have one CNAME entry).

Any other godaddy folks have a different method other than pointing the A Record to the smugmug IP address for when people type yourdomain.com in the address bar, and the CNAME to for when they type www.yourdomain.com? Or am I still confused (which has been known to happen often in my customizing!)?

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• mallisonmallison Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 30, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Mark, you have "hide owner" turned on in your gallery. Turn that to "no" and you'll be all set. Hide owner does just what the name says deal.gif

Andy-

A delayed but sincere thanks. I'll change this immediately.

P.S. - As a recent upgrader to Pro and a new visitor to DGrin, my readings included the thread re: exposuremanager.com. I've felt enough warm fuzzies about everything SMug that I'm not looking elsewhere for now.

-MA